mobi lap editing

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

mobi lap editing

Postby staffann » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:23 pm

Lap editing was just introduced in mobi. I find some things confusing though. When selecting a lap to edit, one of the things that I can do is to delete the lap, What does that mean? Will the lap be joined with the next one? Will the information during the lap just be removed? Something else?
I always found also the lap editing in ST3 very confusing and had to try several times before I managed to do what I wanted. I had hoped that mobi would be clearer.

By the way I also read the blog about swimming editing. There it seems the terms joint and split were used. Why not the same for other types of activities?
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Re: mobi lap editing

Postby admin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 am

When lap editing in SportTracks you get what you see. If you delete a lap, it's simply deleted, no more, no less.

The pool length editing is a totally unrelated feature. So it is designed to specifically accommodate the limited nature of pool swim metric recording versus time-stream sensors and typical scenarios where the watch misidentifies data (eg, incorrect stroke, missing a turn, adding a turn in the middle of a length, not immediately detecting a wall push)
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mobi lap editing

Postby staffann » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:29 pm

admin wrote:When lap editing in SportTracks you get what you see. If you delete a lap, it's simply deleted, no more, no less.

And again, what does that mean? Do you actually delete all data (time, distance etc) related to that lap? If so, I hope there is an extra warning that is really clear about what is about to happen.
Splitting and joining laps are operations that are common and useful for all kinds of activities.
Examples:
- Forgetting to press the lap button is common.
- having an auto-lap when you didn't want it.
Please consider it. And please use clear terminology when you do.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions