Garmin Swim Data Won't Import

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Garmin Swim Data Won't Import

Postby Kevin Dow » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am

After a swim 1/16/19 my Garmin Swim watch updated to both SportTracks and Garmin Connect. After a swim on 2/12/19 (and thereafter) Garmin Connect updates but SportTracks does not. Since Connect updates obviously the ANT stick and watch are working, anyone else having the same issue? The SportTracks files import from C:\Users\All Users\GARMIN\GarminConnect\GARMIN SWIM-3905149769\FIT_TYPE_4 and there are no new files there so this is probably a Garmin issue.
Kevin Dow

Re: Garmin Swim Data Won't Import

Postby admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:17 pm

AFAIK the Garmin Connect outage was pretty serious and also affected the sync upload to partner sites. I'm not sure if the workout sync queue eventually got flushed to partners when the Garmin Connect website came back up, or if the queue was just dropped while it was out of commission. You might already see it in your account by now.

For failed auto-sync from Garmin, you can always download the original FIT file from Garmin Connect and import it manually into SportTracks by file import.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kevin Dow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Talked to Garmin today, they said that in a recent update to Gramin Express the "feature" that downloaded the workout file to hard drive when syncing to Express was eliminated. This makes it a pain to get data into SportTracks desktop. Have to get into express, open connect, export (which makes a zip file), unzip to hard drive, then finally import. Surely there must be another way to get data from a swim watch into SportTracks without so many steps?
Kevin Dow

Postby admin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Kevin Dow wrote:Surely there must be another way to get data from a swim watch into SportTracks without so many steps?

Yes, absolutely, of course there is. :) The SportTracks online platform supports a seamless synch from Garmin devices without any manual steps. It's been in the product for 4 or 5 years. Once the sync to Garmin Connect is enabled, all workouts uploaded from your Garmin will also be sent to the SportTracks platform, usually within a few seconds.

Apologies about my previous answer, I didn't catch that this is a ST3 Windows PC app question.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions