Problem opening logbook

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Problem opening logbook

Postby francopiva » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 am

Hi all, last week I had a problem on my laptop and therefore I had to change quickly the internal HD on which there was Sporttracks (with all the configuration...) and the logbook.
Now I re-installed everything and fortunately I had a backup copy of the logbook in DropBox.
When I try to open the logbook a got this error message (unfortunately I'm not able to change the language in Sporttracks). Could you please help me? Thank you

Generata eccezione di tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.

in System.String.GetStringForStringBuilder(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)
in System.Text.StringBuilder.GetThreadSafeString(IntPtr& tid)
in System.Text.StringBuilder.set_Length(Int32 value)
in System.Xml.BufferBuilder.Clear()
in System.Xml.BufferBuilder.set_Length(Int32 value)
in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type)
in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
in System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
in System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
in System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
in System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
in System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
in System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
in ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.LogbookIO.Open(String filename, IJobMonitor monitor, JobResults& results)
francopiva

Re: Problem opening logbook

Postby dgoghero » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 am

This message is not related to your logbook file. Have you re-installed the "Preferences.System.xml" file ?
You must re-install it in the following path : C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3 otherwise ST doesn't work

I hope you have saved this file somewhere before your problem of Hard Disk.
dgoghero

Postby francopiva » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 am

dgoghero wrote:This message is not related to your logbook file. Have you re-installed the "Preferences.System.xml" file ?
You must re-install it in the following path : C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3 otherwise ST doesn't work

I hope you have saved this file somewhere before your problem of Hard Disk.

... I think this could be a problem... IIs there another way?
francopiva

Postby texmurphy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:29 pm

If Preferences.System.xml is the problem:
Delete Preferences.System.xml (or rename to Preferences.System.old.xml) and ST3 will create a new Preferences file with default views, etc.
You would loose anything stored in Preferences (e.g. omb's weather stations, or gerhard's Trails), but you could use a xml editor to copy those from the "bad" Preferences to the new one.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dgoghero » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:40 am

If you have not saved your Preferences.Settings.xml file. Open the file by default with a xml editor. You can use the freeware Foxe, it works well :

http://www.firstobject.com/dn_editor.htm

Click on the DataFileSettings and Logbooks tags to check the path of your logbook file

The Message "ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.LogbookIO.Open(String filename, IJobMonitor monitor, JobResults& results)" could explain that ST3 doesn't have the good
path for your logbook file.

If the path is false, change it, save the file with Foxe and try again.
dgoghero

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:35 am

The original post clearly states the cause of your issue: OutOfMemoryException .
Pls. search the forum for this buzzword. There are lots of threads dealing with this type of problem. You should find answers there.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions