Mobi to ST3 Category and Weather imports

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Mobi to ST3 Category and Weather imports

Postby brirun » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:28 am

Trying mobi for first time in years. I have two issues with the import into ST3.

1) Under "Category", my home city used to show up automatically when I imported from a .FIT file. Now nothing appears. I would like the city to show again.

2) The weather plugin doesn't import weather automatically when importing from mobi vs .FIT. I would rather it import automatically again, if possible. If not possible, it would be nice to have a quick import method instead of burying "Find Weather" under a couple of menu items.

Thanks for any help!

Brian
brirun

Re: Mobi to ST3 Category and Weather imports

Postby admin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:33 pm

The ST3 Cloud Sync feature needs to be updated to also sync weather info from SportTracks. Currently it doesn't do that. It's in the pipeline.

ST3 custom categories can be associated with the Sport Types in SportTracks using the Cloud Sync options in ST3. However, there are no custom sport types possible in the SportTracks online platform, so a "home city" category won't be possible. So it's better to transition to using a standard sport type hierarchy, and storing additional information in the location data field, or in the name field, or in the notes field. Lots of options there. I don't believe there is an auto-fill option for location, but you can click the location field in SportTracks to do a quick-edit.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:35 am

The latest ST3 release syncs weather info to and from the SportTracks platform now.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby runs4cache » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:00 am

I think Admin misunderstood the question about Location; by "under Category the location used to auto show" you meant physically underneath Category as in lower on the page, that Location field. If I understand your issue, it's that when an activity is sync'd from MOBI to ST3 the workout location is not auto detected. If I remember correctly, the Location field in ST3 is auto-filled during the Import function. However, activities from MOBI do not go through the import function and are synced a different way. This is one of the reasons I don't routinely upload to MOBI first but instead import into ST3 then cloudsync to mobi. (I do have a new process when travelling and not taking my personal laptop that I'll import to mobi first and then fix up the location later).
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Return to Questions