OSM plugin map doesn't display

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

OSM plugin map doesn't display

Postby jdolan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:46 pm

I've encountered the watermarked Google Maps, so tried to switch to Open Street Maps per the instructions posted on this forum. I select the OSM plugin and put in my API code. It looks like it is happy, but only displays my Garmin track on a blank page. Have rebooted ST and computer, switched back to Google, repeat. Story. BTW, Google displayed without watermarks for awhile, then reverted to watermarks. Simplest fix would be for ST to enable Google Maps API code with the software.

Anyway, how do I activate being able to visualize a map with OSM enabled?? Thanks
jdolan

Re: OSM plugin map doesn't display

Postby scollie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 am

I've just switched from Google Maps to OSM because of the Google watermarks and I have the same issue as jdolan - the tracking is shown on a blank page.
I checked settings and Open Street Maps was selected and Google Maps deselected.

I then uninstalled Google Maps from the plugins and restarted but no map is showing.
scollie

Postby admin » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Sounds a bit strange. Did you try different OSM map backgrounds? Which ones don't work or is it all of them? If it's all it might point to an internet access issue such as a firewall or virus protection software.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jdolan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Uhhh, try different OSM backgrounds? How is this done. I just selected the plug-in & entered API code. With google maps, selecting the plug-in was all I had to do. I need to select the OSM background - how? Thanks.
jdolan

Postby jdolan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Ahhh, I solved the problem. In the upper right corner of the map is a down-arrow. Click it and you have the option of displaying different maps. I had "none" (the default" checked. Simple, but not intuitive. :)
jdolan

Postby admin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:23 am

Yes, you need to pick a map background to show if you want to see a map background.

The Google Maps and Open Street Map plugin projects will allow you to pick different map backgrounds. You can also use both of them if you like - it isn't one or the other.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions