SportTracks Plugins showing older version numbers?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

SportTracks Plugins showing older version numbers?

Postby dobovedo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:12 am

I'm having problems with CloudSync to a Mobi account I created back in Jan 2017 but never really used. Started getting into it this weekend in an attempt to finally abandon ST3... data file getting too large and unstable. Tired of fighting it.

The issue is that none of my Activities or Equipment records prior to July 29, 2013 will move over to Mobi using CloudSync.

* Activities encounter a (403) Forbidden error
* Equipment (by date purchased) encounter (500) Internal Server Error

In trying various things, such as disabling all but the Sporttracks Plugins, I noticed that those all have older versions on them, even though I am upgraded to the latest software version. Does anybody else show the same thing, or do you show 3.1.6690 for all ST plugins?

The important one I assume is ST Online Sync Plugin.. if this isn't actually up to date, 3.1.6179 is older than the announcement for: SportTracks 3.1.6611 Available - CRITICAL FIX

If these are out of date, how do I update them if the core program is already up to date?

Note: A while back I moved my data from C:/ to a G:/ drive and I'm wondering if there's a problem in there with plugins. I had been getting script errors for a long time on some other plugins but ignored them, assuming it was due to no longer being supported. They have all be uninstalled or deactivated now anyway.

ST current version.jpg
ST current version.jpg (20.45 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

ST older plugin versions.jpg
ST older plugin versions.jpg (61.67 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
dobovedo
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: SportTracks Plugins showing older version numbers?

Postby texmurphy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 am

Uninstalled Plugins will show the version number of the originally installed plugin, rather than the latest updated plugin.
You can test this by in Settings Plugins, ticking the box of an inactive plugin, closing and restarting ST3, and then looking at the Settings again. You will see that the plugin you activated now shows the latest version that you had installed. This is not a new issue with ST3.

I do not do Online Sync so not sure of its version. However it is best to do a Windows Uninstall of ST3 and then a fresh install from the ST3 download, rather than do an update. Sometimes not all the plugins get replaced.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: SportTracks Plugins showing older version numbers?

Postby dobovedo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:31 pm

texmurphy wrote:Uninstalled Plugins will show the version number of the originally installed plugin, rather than the latest updated plugin...

...I do not do Online Sync so not sure of its version. However it is best to do a Windows Uninstall of ST3 and then a fresh install from the ST3 download, rather than do an update. Sometimes not all the plugins get replaced.


I was referring to installed plugins, not uninstalled. In any case, I did an uninstall/resinstall of ST3, which fixed the plugin problem. Then mobi support told me I had some bad data from my first attempt back in 2017, so I disconnected CloudSync and signed up for a new trial. That process managed to get about 98% of my activities synced. The other 2% I'll describe in another post.

Thanks for the suggestion!
dobovedo
Donated!
Donated!
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm


Return to Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest