ST3.1 - Support Running Power (BASIC)

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

ST3.1 - Support Running Power (BASIC)

Postby the5krunner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 am

ST3.1 - Support Running Power
-----------------------------------------
A different and related request for enhancement has been made here for OMB's plugin: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=17909
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running power is growing in importance. There are not far off 20,000 downloads of stryd, garmin running power and runscribe CIQ apps.

I appreciate that fully supporting Running Power is a mammoth task that will not happen in ST3.1

However I would point out that many Running Power users are the more "analytic types" and these are precisely the kind of user that ST3.1 attracts.
Support *IS* being introduced for Golden Cheetah. Ultimately ST3.1 risks losing users to GCheetah.

I would politely request the following MINIMUM enhancement

1. in the standard FIT improter that is part of ST3.1 allow the option, or by default: import and copy running power and save it ONLY as the normal power field. Currently this will involve checking 3 fields which *I THINK* are called: PowerIQ (Runscribe running power), RP_Power IQ (Garmin Running Power), Power IQ (STRYD),

2. There will be scenarios where people (like me) have 2 running power sources but i think we can be ignored for causing such problems!
the5krunner

Return to Questions