Import Error with FR935

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Import Error with FR935

Postby Lo_Run » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 am

Some FIT-Files are not able to import. It is one Running-File and one Multisport-File. With garmin.connect it works. Please sent me a mail and I will sent you the two FIT-Files, they too big to attache (300kb and 1.500kb).

Regards Lorenz
Besten Gruß

Lorenz
Lo_Run

Re: Import Error with FR935

Postby the5krunner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am

use "fit file repair tool" or one of the online tools to check/fix the FIT file.

then you will know if you have a valid file or not.

if you have then it could be a bug with sporttracks ...maybe :lol:
the5krunner

Postby Lo_Run » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks for the repair solution, a very good tool. I tried it, but it didn´t solve the problem.

I have only 4 Fit-Files with the problem. It was the time I installed "Dozen Run" from "connectIQ". Without "DozenRun" there are no problems with the import to SportTracks. I tried also to export the files from GarminConnect and load the files in SportTracks, but it doesn´t work. ST is not able to identify data in the files. Message is: "Import beendet, aber es wurden keine Daten importiert" "Import finished, but no data importet".
Besten Gruß

Lorenz
Lo_Run

Postby admin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 pm

ST3 doesn't currently support import of FIT files that have CiQ data in them. You will need to upgrade to the SportTracks online platform for CiQ support - it works fine there.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lo_Run » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank you, that could be the reason. I will try next year to switch to the online version.
Besten Gruß

Lorenz
Lo_Run

Postby watchcaptain » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:42 am

If this problem persists, maybe I will change from ST to another solution, and definitely not to the online solution. Sorry to hear that luring into an other program and pay again is the only solution.

Regards, Captain of the watch
watchcaptain

Postby hccomp33 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 am

watchcaptain wrote:If this problem persists, maybe I will change from ST to another solution, and definitely not to the online solution. Sorry to hear that luring into an other program and pay again is the only solution.

Regards, Captain of the watch

You can try Golden Cheetah. It's a program on Pc or Mac Opensource. I swichted to it since Sportrack is no more maintained (last program update dec 2016). They prefer develop online solution.
And for online solution I prefer STRAVA.
Cheers
French, Garmin FR 910XT, Running Cycling
hccomp33
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mejcz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 am

There used to be GarminFitDevices plugin that worked with new Fit files (swimming, multisport ), but is unavailable now.
ST3 became unusable with new Garmin devices.
mejcz

Postby pucko » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:01 am

You could sync 935 with garmin connect.
In garmin connect, go to your activity, click the gear button and export as tcx.
Then import the tcx file in ST.

Some extra steps, but it work.
pucko

Postby pucko » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 am

But i also have an 935, for me it works to connect the device to my computer, browse to the activity folder on the watch and import it.
pucko

Postby mejcz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 am

But i also have an 935, for me it works to connect the device to my computer, browse to the activity folder on the watch and import it.

Are you importing Swimming or multisport activity? Import of running activity works for me, but for swimming i do not have heart rate imported.

Going to Garmin connect and exporting every single activity to later import in ST is not an option for me.
mejcz

Postby Christian123 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:34 am

I have the same problem. I tested the new running iq data field at my FR935 and now I can't import the file into sporttracks.
I'm very disapointed that there is no futher development at local pc app. I don't like mobi and I find the yearly costs are too high.
Now I'm looking for alternatives. In the meantime I disabled the iq data field.
The problem is that I've stored all my sport activities since 2009 in sporttracks and it's difficult to find an alternative solution. (All equipment is logged in sporttracks.)
For running I'm testing runalyze, but the don't have a sync option to Garmin.
Christian
Christian123

Postby GaryS » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Christian123 wrote:I have the same problem. I tested the new running iq data field at my FR935 and now I can't import the file into sporttracks.
I'm very disapointed that there is no futher development at local pc app. I don't like mobi and I find the yearly costs are too high.
Now I'm looking for alternatives.

+1

Am using the FR935 with the running pod and the power CIQ field. ST3 cannot import the FIT 2.0 file, without OMB plug-ins, Custom Data Tracks and Garmin FIT (and OMB has closed his store and is not licensing plug-ins anymore). Unfortunately then paid for the Mobi subscription (used up the trial previously) and the file import works but it's not nearly as functional and useful as ST3. Fortunately however the 935 should sync from Garmin Connect to Mobi to ST3. The Gear and Health data work but so far the activities are not sync'ing. I too have years of data in ST3 and am not so anxious to move on but will likely pursue an alternative given this situation (or just use Garmin Connect from now on).
GaryS
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Lo_Run » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:20 am

Thanks for the comments and hints. After I delete the IQ-Tool at the Garmin935 it works with SportTracks. I tried to export the File from GarminConnect, but it is the same problem, because it includes the same data as the Fit-File. I think it depents on the new Fit-File-Definition and that SportTracks is not able to work with the structure.

It is very sad, that SportTracks will not adapt the actual Garmin-watches and the newest file format. I have the data since 2009 directly on my PC, including all shoes, bikes and my personal data. If I want to have the data complete in the cloud, I could better use directly GarminConnect. The main problem is to transfer the shoes, the bikes und all personal data. I think I have to put in activity by activity and it is the same effort in GarminConnect or ST-Mobil.
Besten Gruß

Lorenz
Lo_Run

Postby philipshambrook » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:13 pm

ST3 synchs all history to ST.mob. Once you’ve got the data there you might be able to use Tapariik.com to synch the data to Garmin Connect. Don’t think all your gear history will go over though
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby GaryS » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:48 pm

philipshambrook wrote:ST3 synchs all history to ST.mob. Once you’ve got the data there you might be able to use Tapariik.com to synch the data to Garmin Connect. Don’t think all your gear history will go over though

Mobi syncs to GC directly, and then also syncs to ST3. Of course, the CIQ fields that GC can read will not be sync'ed to ST3 via Mobi but at least the data from the FIT 2.0 file (excluding CIQ data) moves relatively seamlessly among the 3 platforms without causing an import error (at least if initial activity import is done via GC). So, no Tapirik needed at least for this combination of apps.

For those of us who like to use ST3 primarily, it's now handicapped by both the lack of fields to display newer Garmin metrics (vertical oscillation, GCT, etc.) and the inability to even read a file that contains a CIQ field without getting an error message.

In the recent past, there were plugins from OMB to fill this gap but now OMB's plug-in site is closed and there seems to be no way to obtain licenses to his plugins anymore. So, in summary, no ST3 capability to use either newer Garmin metrics or CIQ data.
GaryS
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions