Equipment Pics Missing After ST Re-Install

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Equipment Pics Missing After ST Re-Install

Postby MRM1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:37 am

Had a hard drive crash and after I reinstall ST v3.1.5770 The equipment pics are no longer there. I understand why they are not part of the log book file, but is there a specific folder I should put all the pics in so that ST "knows" where to look? I have had to do this about 6 times in the past 3 or 4 years. All the Equipment data / info is there, just not the pics.
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Equipment Pics Missing After ST Re-Install

Postby Keeby » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 am

As far as I am aware, all the data about the equipment is stored in the database, the pictures unfortunately are not. They would have been stored in a folder somewhere on the hard drive.
Keeby
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 am

The ST3 logbook stores links to your equipment photos. Those can be folder paths on your PC, or urls for photos hosted on the internet.

For PC photos there isn't any management by the software; it's the user's responsibility to maintain that. If you're concerned about moving to a new PC and losing photo links, linking to an image on the internet or a NAS folder is recommended.

Our online SportTracks product stores all your gear photos in the cloud and manages everything. If you enable CloudSync from an ST3 logbook to your SportTracks gear photos will be uploaded and stored in the cloud so you can access them from anywhere without fear of broken links.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MRM1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:20 pm

The ST3 logbook stores links to your equipment photos. Those can be folder paths on your PC, or urls for photos hosted on the internet.

For PC photos there isn't any management by the software; it's the user's responsibility to maintain that. If you're concerned about moving to a new PC and losing photo links, linking to an image on the internet or a NAS folder is recommended.

Just has not been my experience. I place them all in the same folder in the same location on the new HD, and When i reinstall ST I have to go back thru and individually locate all the pics each time. I would guess BC I am using a different or not exactly the same User Name ... so the address is different. But it would be nice if ST had a global setting that let the user locate and set the pic folder upon install. Is that in the settings somewhere?
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions