About apparent mistake in MAX HR reports

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

About apparent mistake in MAX HR reports

Postby Manel Tomas » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 am

Hi everyone!

I've detected a mistake in my SportTracks 3.1 reports. As you will see in the attached image, there are four activities reported. All of them report a correct average HR ("RC promedio") and a correct maximum HR ("RC máx").

Unfortunately, the weekly report ("Esta semana") is accurate in the average HR field, but its seems to be wrong at the maximum HR field (the average maximum reported is much lower than any of the single activities).

The apparently wrong report has been surrounded with a red box.

Can anyone please tell me anything about this issue and how the average maximum HR is reported? Am I doing something wrong?

*** PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE *** :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Manel Tomas on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manel Tomas

Re: About apparent mistake in MAX HR reports

Postby samccauley » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:30 am

This is just a guess (I couldn't resist guessing), but it looks like the number you indicated may be the maximum average heart rate. In other words, of all the average heart rates recorded for the week, that number reflects the highest one - the maximum of the averages.
samccauley

Postby Manel Tomas » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:42 am

samccauley wrote:...In other words, of all the average heart rates recorded for the week, that number reflects the highest one - the maximum of the averages.

Hi Sam, as you can see above of the red box, there are four maximum heart rates recorded for the week (166-168-163-160).

So, I think the weekly report should indicate something related to maximum HR, not to average HR.

I would find more logical to report 164 (AVERAGE MAXIMUM HEART RATE), or even 168 (MAXIMUM MAXIMUM HEART RATE).

I also realize what you have seen, but it's illogical to report a field using data from another field.

:cry: :cry: :cry: ***ANYONE PLEASE CAN HELP???*** ***CODE BUG?*** :lol:
Manel Tomas

Postby admin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Lost in translation. :?:

Please check the answer again and view the column labels. It is correct.

If you don't want to use this data, select the option to hide the column.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Manel Tomas » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Dear admin,

it may be correct but it is nonsense.

I just want to know my average max, not my max average, because the field is about max HR, not about average HR.

Please let me know any another field where it happens and its purpose.

Fields and its labels are made to work, not to be hidden.

Thanks anyway :D
Manel Tomas

Postby admin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Just so you are not confused I want to be clear - this behaves correctly and exactly as intended.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Manel Tomas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:40 am

Hi again admin,

I've checked the kph fields and they behave the same way as HR fields.

I think it would be much more interesting, in terms of data analysis, to know the average of your activity HR peaks, rather than the peak of the HR averages, which means nothing at all (you only get feedback from one activity, and not from the whole period).

Otherwise, as a true lover of ST, so glad everything is behaving correctly and exactly as intended. Nice job and thanks for replying.
Manel Tomas

Postby Manel Tomas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 am

Hi again mates,

I've realized that the max HR reports in the "ACTIVITIES REPORT" view are reporting in a different way than they do in the "DAILY ACTIVITY" view.

In the "ACTIVITIES REPORT" case, the MAX HR reported at the Total is the maximum of the all single activities, as you can see in the attached image.

At least, MAX HR totals are being reported using data from the same field and not from the average HR. I'd prefer that the AVERAGE MAXIMUM HEART RATE was reported at the total, but full hapiness is difficult to find. Please feel free to comment, specially if things continue behaving correctly and exactly as intended.
Manel Tomas

Return to Questions