No Garmin Map on new installation

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

No Garmin Map on new installation

Postby Friscoswede » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:57 am

I have been using ST for quite a while but unfortunately had to do a reinstall of ST on my new HDD. When I load my logbook I can't see any Google Maps, Street, Terrain or Satellite. I can see that the basic installation installed the ST Map Provider for Google Maps plugin. I don't get any Weather info either. The ST World Weather Provider plugin states that I have the latest version installed but the Map provider doesn't state anything. Any idea what is different after the new install?
Friscoswede

Re: No Garmin Map on new installation

Postby texmurphy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 pm

I assume you did a fresh download of current version ST3 (e.g. 3.1.5570).
Check Settings->Plugins for Map Provider for Google Maps and should be ticked with version 3.1.5770
You might also wish to install Open Street Map and Terraserver map providers.
Make sure ST3 can access internet.
Will the gps track show with no underlying map (i.e. when Route=None). Or better yet do you show Route: None rather than Route: Street ?

Under Settings->Weather, does it show provider=SportTracks World Weather, and Location is your city, country?

If you have access to your old HDD, copy over your C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Preferences.System.xml
to your new HDD.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Friscoswede » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks texmurphy for the help. I downloaded from download.cnet and apparently this was not the latest version. Doesn't ST check for updates and if not how do I check and update myself? Anyway, I downloaded the latest version and everything is working :) . Weather is now working for my location but temperature was several degrees off for todays weather but no big problem for me. Once again thanks for great help, when you stated the version 3.1.5570 I immediately saw what was wrong. Also thanks for the info on where my preference data is stored.
Friscoswede

Postby texmurphy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Friscoswede wrote:...I downloaded from download.cnet and apparently this was not the latest version. Doesn't ST check for updates and if not how do I check and update myself?...

You can always download the latest version from zonefivesoftware product support from here: https://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sportt ... pdates.php

ST3 does a check for updates but it is only ?monthly?. New updates are posted to the Announcements section of the forum: https://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sportt ... um.php?f=1

Glad you have your maps back.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions