ST3 Training time / avg pace active time / pace differs

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

ST3 Training time / avg pace active time / pace differs

Postby Bobben » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:05 am

Hello!

I noted in my runs that the default time(chronometer) and avg pace values differs quit a lot from their "active" counterparts, even though all the laps in that exercise are marked as active. The "active" values seems to be the correct ones, as they match the ones on my device (Suunto Ambit 3 Peak) and on the Movescount page. I have set ST to not include stopped time in the total time. The difference is there even if there is no stopped time in the exercise at all. Is there something i missed?

Regards

Bjorn / Sweden.
Bobben

Re: ST3 Training time / avg pace active time / pace differs

Postby Bobben » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 am

Hello!

When looking at a exported file from Moveslink in TCX format, it seems that Suunto add a more or less empty lap with just time and heartbeat etc, but no movement at the end of the file. Perhaps that also is included in the SML file that ST imports, causing the speed values to decline due to the increased time lapsed. I guess i just have to live with it.

Regards
Bjorn / Sweden
Bobben

Re: ST3 Training time / avg pace active time / pace differs

Postby Bobben » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am

Hello!

Noted also that if i just change from "calculated" to "manual edited" values in the exercise, it automatically changes the chronometer/time to the correct value, without me doing anything else. Anyone else who experiences this with a Suunto watch?

Even if i do see the correct value with "active time" field, most of the plugin for comparing different runs/exercises and sorting out the fastest etc, unfortunately uses the default time field, which most of the time is more or less off.

Regards

Bjorn / Sweden
Bobben

Return to Questions