Swim distance summary discrepancy

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Swim distance summary discrepancy

Postby rochrunner » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 am

I wear my Garmin 920XT when doing pool swimming and then upload to ST. What I've noticed is that the distance on the Summary screen does not match the distance according to the Garmin, and doesn't even match ST's own Spits view. For example, last week I swam 1400 yds, in four segments, which was correctly recorded by the watch. In ST, the Splits shows the correct distances for each segment -- 500, 500, 300, 100 for a total of 1400 as expected -- but the Summary view shows "1875 yd" as the distance.

Any idea what's going on here?
rochrunner
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Swim distance summary discrepancy

Postby Z74 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 am

I think 99% of us swimming and using ST also use the Pool Swimming Plugin which I strongly recommend.
No idea about your issue unfortunately but the ST importer has glitches and that's why I switched to the Garmin Fit Devices plugin, it's another importer that does miracles.

St3 is a great program and possibly the best but without these 2 plugins you're missing a lot, really.
Z74

Re: Swim distance summary discrepancy

Postby the5krunner » Mon May 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Z74 wrote:I think 99% of us swimming and using ST also use the Pool Swimming Plugin which I strongly recommend.
No idea about your issue unfortunately but the ST importer has glitches and that's why I switched to the Garmin Fit Devices plugin, it's another importer that does miracles.

St3 is a great program and possibly the best but without these 2 plugins you're missing a lot, really.

+1
what he said

for example you can easily join back lengths that your device has incorrectly split using the pool swimming plugin. it even auto-identifies the lengths it thinks need to be fixed.
the5krunner

Return to Questions