Data Not Importing

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Data Not Importing

Postby old gold tiger » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:50 pm

After several years of importing from my Garmin 500 I am now unable to upload successfully. After it reads 90%, it gives me a script error with the following message.

file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/64c67771-aec3-4434-9ef1-ad6cabc1479e/garmin-api-device-plugin/js/garmin/device/GarminDevicePlugin.js

SportTracks has been my go to app for tracking mileage on my shoes, bikes, tires, chains, etc.

I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Roger
old gold tiger

Re: Data Not Importing

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 am

Hello,

You may want to use the forum search features if you need a faster answer.

To import from Garmin you will need to make sure the "Garmin Express" software is installed.

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Once the software is installed and your workouts are downloaded you will find them on your PC.

To import the workouts into SportTracks, open SportTracks 3 and select Import > File, then navigate here:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\Device-UnitID\Upload\FIT_TYPE_4

You'll find one file for each workout, labeled ".FIT", you can import multiple files using SHIFT-click or CTRL-click.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data Not Importing

Postby texmurphy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:33 am

Do not use Garmin Express to import from the Edge 500.

If you have been using "device import" - Stop. Switch to file import of your activities.fit.

ST Product Support / Garmin Import wrote:http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/support/help/?topic=tutorial-garmin-import

USB "Mass Storage" Devices
Edge 800, 500, 605, 705, Forerunner 210, others ending in 'x'

Many newer Garmin devices support a view of the GPS as a virtual hard-drive when connected to your PC which garmin calls "Mass Storage Mode". The GPS may automatically show as a new hard-drive (eg F:\) when the USB is connected, or you may need to access the GPS menus to put it into this mode. For details on your particular model of GPS, refer to the Garmin website.

To import data for these devices you'll use the same method as the ANT Devices import. In the import dialog, instead of navigating to the ANT sync folder, find your workouts on the GPS virtual hard-drive.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions