Problem to import data with Garmin Express

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Problem to import data with Garmin Express

Postby Manuel PF » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm experiencing problems with GarminExpress (v 4.1.17.0). I've just installed GarminExpress in my new PC and now I'm not able to import data to SportTracks. I have no issues to import the data to GarminConnect, however there is no way to import the same activities to SportTracks (I could do it without any problems until now with Garmin Ant).
I've also tried to find the data in my computer, in the folders that you mention in different posts, but the data are not there!
Do you have any idea to support me? :?:
Thanks!!!
Manuel PF

Re: Problem to import data with Garmin Express

Postby kvdsporttracks » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:00 pm

I am also having this problem. I found files for my Garmin Swim watch at

C:ProgramData/GARMIN/GarminConnect/GARMIN SWIM-##########/FIT_TYPE_4/

with file type .fit

but they won't import
kvdsporttracks

Postby Twocat » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:47 am

Thank you for the file location kvdsporttracks. While this makes things a lot easier, SportTracks is still refusing to import new data directly from my 310xt. Prior to Garmin's disabling its Ant Connect and forcing the use of Garmin Express I could import to SportTracks without using the fit files. No longer. Now SportTracks connects but only downloads data from when Ant Connect worked.
Twocat
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 am

Garmin announced two years ago that the "Garmin Communicator Plugin" software was no longer supported.

Since then, it's been a bit of luck that it continued to operate as unsupported with new updates to browsers, operating systems, devices and firmwares as well as conflicting Garmin software. Well... that is the risk of knowingly using unsupported software.

Since 2014 we recommend using the Garmin Express to import data from your watch, then manually import the workout files into ST3 using File Import.

Or if you prefer a more convenient and automated import, you can use SportTracks online with Garmin Connect sync, paired with CloudSync to your ST3 PC logbook. Then it "just works" without any manual steps.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MRM1 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Same problem. Everything was working fine on Windows 10 using the latest version of SportTracks and the Garmin Communicator Plugin until I ....
1. installed Garmin Express so I could update my 510
2. Updated my Edge 510 from version 2.xx to the newest 5.xx software.

Now I can only navigate to activities and manually import ... cannot use the Auto import from device feature at all. Very much a bummer :cry:

Is there any fix to this? I Every time I try to import I get a script Error.
Attachments
Sport Tracks Error.JPG
Sport Tracks Error.JPG (26.57 KiB) Viewed 3438 times
MRM1
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions