Waypoints from GH-625XT - how?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Waypoints from GH-625XT - how?

Postby Geoff Mattingley » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:23 am

I want to download Waypoints from a Globalsat GH-625XT, and save them in .gpx format. Globalsat's own software can't do this, so I am trying SportTracks. I have installed SportTracks v3.1.5770 (trial version), with Globalsat Device plug-in 3.2.248.36942, and Waypoints plug-in 0.5.136. In ST3 Settings page both these plug-ins show up as installed and activated.
In this configuration ST3 happily connects to the GH-625XT and I can download tracks without any problems, but nowhere in ST3 can I see any reference to Waypoints or any way to request download of them.
What else do I need to do to be able to get the waypoints off the device?
Geoff Mattingley

Re: Waypoints from GH-625XT - how?

Postby gerhard » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 am

Some basic documentation for the plugin:
https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks ... /wiki/Home

Can be found from the plugin page:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... =waypoints
Plugin Homepage, the select wiki
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Geoff Mattingley » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 pm

The reason I have posted is that what I see in ST3 does not match what is in the documentation. It says: " . . . . . . .If the Globalsat Device plugin is installed, this will be visible in Export menu as well as below the file export/import actions. The Globalsat device must of course be connected to the PC . . . . .".
Yet I cannot see anything relating to waypoints in the Export menu or the file export/import actions.
The menus in ST3 are the the same whether the Waypoints plugin is enabled or disabled.
Geoff Mattingley

Postby gerhard » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Geoff Mattingley wrote:The reason I have posted is that what I see in ST3 does not match what is in the documentation. It says: " . . . . . . .If the Globalsat Device plugin is installed, this will be visible in Export menu as well as below the file export/import actions. The Globalsat device must of course be connected to the PC . . . . .".
Yet I cannot see anything relating to waypoints in the Export menu or the file export/import actions.
The menus in ST3 are the the same whether the Waypoints plugin is enabled or disabled.

Documentation clarified, you export activities routes in the global export menu and waypoints in the activity page.
Export activity/route is not much used what I know. The functionality on the device is so limitited that it is not worth it in my opinion.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Geoff Mattingley » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 am

Something is still not working properly. I have tried every menu option in ST3 and can find no mention of waypoints. Attached is screen capture of Activity page - all that has downloaded from the GH-625XT is the track points. I want to download the waypoints from the device as well and save as .gpx.
Also attached is screen capture of Settings view.
Attachments
Settings.jpg
Settings.jpg (79.75 KiB) Viewed 8438 times
Activity.jpg
Activity.jpg (114.88 KiB) Viewed 8438 times
Geoff Mattingley

Postby gerhard » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 am

You need to select the Waypoints activity page
See the plugin page for instance, there is a Globalsat icon with export/import/delete
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Geoff Mattingley » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 am

Sorry Gerhard, I am more confused than ever. The Waypoints activity page is what I am looking for but I have not been able to find it. You say that on the plug-ins page there is a Globalsat icon - where is this?
On the Select Data to Import window (from selecting Import) there is a Globalsat icon - if I select it, ST3 downloads all the Trackpoint data but not the waypoints. And I still can't find anything about waypoints.
Geoff Mattingley

Postby gerhard » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:13 am

Geoff Mattingley wrote:The Waypoints activity page is what I am looking for but I have not been able to find it.

This seem to be a very basic problem. It seems like you have missed 90% of ST functionality by not clicking the triangles. You are not the first...
A quick tutorial when first starting would have been helpful.

See the ST help for a description of the UI.
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... d#section3
Select the Waypoints page as you select Pace/Speed page:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... speed-info
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Geoff Mattingley » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:25 am

Gerhard

I had not realised that the Waypoints page is effectively hidden until the triangle is clicked. But your last post has made everything clear, and I can now view and manage waypoints as I wanted to do.

Thank you for your help.
Geoff Mattingley

Return to Questions