Display problems with Windows 10

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Display problems with Windows 10

Postby John Moore » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:32 pm

I've switched my main machine to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and have moved my SportTracks 3.1 installation over to it. It runs OK, but there's a problem with the display - all the text is slightly fuzzy and everything appears slightly larger than it did on Windows 7. I understand that this is normally an issue with changes in display scaling, and the standard solution is got Properties -> Compatibility from the application shortcut and check the box 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'. When I do this, everything is certainly sharp and crisp again, but the text is too large for its containing boxes.

Is there a way around this? Has the product been tested on Windows 10?
John Moore

Re: Display problems with Windows 10

Postby philipshambrook » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Never mind tested; it works! Been running it on Windows 10 on an iMac under Parallels since W10 came out. Suggest you might need to update your display driver.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby John Moore » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:26 am

philipshambrook wrote:Never mind tested; it works! Been running it on Windows 10 on an iMac under Parallels since W10 came out. Suggest you might need to update your display driver.

What resolution/DPI are you running?

Here is a screen grab of the effect with the display scaling disabled, showing the incorrect font size:

John Moore

Postby philipshambrook » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 am

Can't see for now as i'm on the MacBook, but it's running on a 27" iMac 5K and all is clear as a bell. I haven't changed any display settings. Just threw it all on and it worked.

Have you got the most recent drivers for your display? Have they been tested with W10?
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby John Moore » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:17 am

philipshambrook wrote:Have you got the most recent drivers for your display? Have they been tested with W10?

Yes. It's a new laptop, came with Windows 8.1 but with a 'Plays well with Windows 10' sticker on it. I immediately upgraded to Windows 10 before using it. SportTracks is the only application I've come across so far which exhibits this problem (although I did have to disable display scaling for another application, but without the bad side-effects).
John Moore

Postby ksherman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi John, did you ever manage to resolve this? I am in the same boat. Just setting up new Win10 laptop, Dell Latitude running at resolution 1920x1080. By default looks like an old 1024 or such resolution. Fits not much at all on the screen. So did as you noted and turned off the scaling, that half works. For instance the Calendar column (on the left in) both modes only only shows 2 months even though there is room for maybe 4 in unscaled. And as you point out the text descriptors are all oversized for their frames.

On prior laptop running Win7 at 1600x900 there were no issues whatsoever. ST display was just as you would expect.

Cheers
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions