SportTracks.mobi doesn't sync correctly with SportTracks app

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

SportTracks.mobi doesn't sync correctly with SportTracks app

Postby like-to-tri » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 am

The SportTracks windows app and SportTracks.mobi don't sync correctly for certain categories. For example cycling:road-->my activities and swimming:pool-->my activities. This gives me no end of headaches with having to reenter category data or forgetting and having the categories change. This seems to be a one-way sync problem where having the activity in mobi first and then brining up the SportTracks app causes the activities to change category.

Here's an example:
1) I do a bike ride with my Garmin and upload the data to GarminConnect which also uploads to SportTracks.mobi.
2) I then edit the workout and change the activity type to road cycling:
Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 5.23.05 AM.png
Initial Workout Before Sync To App
Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 5.23.05 AM.png (67.05 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

3) At some later time, I bring up the SportTracks application and it loads up the new entries from SportTracks.mobi
The biking activity now has Category: 'My Activities' instead of 'Cycling:Road':
Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 5.24.43 AM.png
Category Change of Workout in SportTracks App
Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 5.24.43 AM.png (21.85 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

4) If I exit and save changes, SportTracks.mobi data for the ride will change from road cycling to 'Other'

I have used SportTracks.mobi for over a year and SportTracks for many years.

System Info
SportTracks Version 3.1.5724, run on Windows 7
SportTracks.mobi run on Safari browser on Mac
like-to-tri

Re: SportTracks.mobi doesn't sync correctly with SportTracks

Postby admin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 am

Use the options on Settings > Plugins > CloudSync from the PC app to assign sport types to custom categories in your PC logbook.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby like-to-tri » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks for the CloudSync pointer. After specifically mapping each cycling type/subtype and swimming type/subtype of mobi to the correct type in the app, it now syncs correctly.

However, I'm not sure if there is still a lucking issue. My original mappings had just the Cycling type in mobi mapping to 'Cycling' in Sportracks. The same with Swimming. With these settings it was mapping to "My Activities" when going from mobi to SportTracks app. (e.g., Cycling:Road in mobi-->My Activities). Shouldn't it have gone to just "Cycling"?
like-to-tri

Postby admin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:03 pm

The PC app has no special knowledge about what custom categories you've set up, so it can't know how to map the Road Cycling sport ( id = 29) to the category you've named "Cycling".
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions