Laps and splits, any way to analyze separately?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Laps and splits, any way to analyze separately?

Postby DJFaithful » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 am

New ST user here. I have a question about laps and splits. I create a workout on my Garmin 920xt, which consists of a 10 minute warmup, a 30 minute run, and then a 10 minute cool down. When I import the FIT file into ST, I can see that three "laps" have been created. Here's the problem. I'd like to do analysis and see charts based on the 30 minute run. ST however doesn't allow me to run charts and graphs against the one lap. It always runs charts and graphs against the entire workout, warmup, run and cool down together. Short of deleting the warm up and cool down segments, is there any way to have ST focus in the 30 minute run segment? Perhaps with a plugin?

Thanks...

DJFaithfl
DJFaithful

Re: Laps and splits, any way to analyze separately?

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:00 am

Its possible there is a better way, maybe with a plugin, but you could split out the warm up and cool down portions from the main workout so you end up with three separate activities. The "split" routine can be found on the left side inside the "Edit" function of "Daily Activity"
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby tndmbkr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm

You can also use Trails plugin to export part of an activity into a separate activity.
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... /?p=trails

This is very useful when you follow the same route very often.

Create a Trail
Click on the pencil button to edit this trail
In the popup screen you will find in the bottom left corner a button to export this trail as an activity.

==================
When you follow the procedure as described by BT, make sure you start splitting at the end of your activity.
Otherwise you will have to establish your split points again and again
tndmbkr

Postby gerhard » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:34 pm

You can select Splits trail too, then select the interesting lap.
I use the Splits trail to compare "intervals to intervals" and "position trails" to compare the interesting part of activities.

Personally I set warmup/cooldown/rest intervalls as 'rest' laps, then view Active laps only
(this use case is not explained in detail, some info in the wiki: https://github.com/gerhardol/trails/wik ... activities)
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby DJFaithful » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks for the help all! I'll split the ones I have now, but going forward, I'm going to simply start and stop three separate activities on the watch. It'll make things a lot easier.
DJFaithful

Return to Questions