I need some things cleared up before buying

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

I need some things cleared up before buying

Postby Erik Boone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Just a few questions:

1. I have the desktop PC trial version which I enter my workouts on. But when I check the online dashboard, it doesn't have all my workouts on it. Just my cycling ones. So do I use the desktop version at all? Does the desktop version upload stuff to the online version?

2. Is the mobi app free? Does it sync with the desktop version or the web version?

3. There seems to be like 3 different interfaces, the mobile, desktop, and web. I don't understand how they are connected at all? Do I have to purchase each separately? Does all my data go back and forth between the 3 versions?

4. I have seen 3 pricings. One is $59 shown here: http://sporttracks.mobi/pricing Then there are these for $63 and $79 shown here: https://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/store/ So what does each plan come with and how much is it really? I mean, which do I buy?

5. For the desktop version, if I buy the $79 plan, will all the plugins be free? Or do I get plugin with free with the $59 version?

Thanks!
Erik Boone

Re: I need some things cleared up before buying

Postby Erik Boone » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Did I ask the wrong questions? I see about 50 people read this and not one answer. Plus the admin has been on and didn't respond. Maybe someone could just pick one or two to answer?
Erik Boone

Postby pkshooter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

I'm not an expert, but I'll try to answer some of your questions the best I can. The software isn't always intuitive and the lack of documentation/manuals is frustrating sometimes.

1. I have the desktop PC trial version which I enter my workouts on. But when I check the online dashboard, it doesn't have all my workouts on it. Just my cycling ones. So do I use the desktop version at all? Does the desktop version upload stuff to the online version?

Answer: I use the cloud sync option in the SportTracks desktop software to keep the desktop version and web based Mobi versions completely in sync. I almost never use the desktop version, but it does have features (especially the plugins) that aren't available on Mobi. For example, if you want to see weather info for your workout, you have to access this via the desktop version.

2. Is the mobi app free? Does it sync with the desktop version or the web version?

Answer: The mobi app is not free. Mobi is the web based interface and you have to pay an annual subscription to use it. I think the current price is $59/yr. It does sync with the desktop version. You pay a one time price for the desktop version and then you own that software (SportTracks).

3. There seems to be like 3 different interfaces, the mobile, desktop, and web. I don't understand how they are connected at all? Do I have to purchase each separately? Does all my data go back and forth between the 3 versions?

Answer: There are two interfaces - 1) SportTracks desktop software for Windows and 2) Mobi for web. There isn't an app or other mobile version. You simply use the Mobi web version on your mobile device through an internet browser. It would definitely be nice to have an IOS app in my opinion.

4. I have seen 3 pricings. One is $59 shown here: http://sporttracks.mobi/pricing Then there are these for $63 and $79 shown here: https://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/store/ So what does each plan come with and how much is it really? I mean, which do I buy?

Answer: The pricing models seem to fluctuate. I think the $63 option is just for the desktop version of SportTracks. I wonder if the $79 version is for the desktop version and 1 year of Mobi connectivity. It isn't very clear from the link.

5. For the desktop version, if I buy the $79 plan, will all the plugins be free? Or do I get plugin with free with the $59 version?

Answer: Plugins only apply to the desk top version. Plugins are developed by individuals and vary in price. Some are free, others have a fee. You can look at the plugin catalog to see the options available and how much they cost. Some plugins work great, others are very unreliable, especially when software gets updates. Some plugins are supported fairly well by the developers and others are not supported.
pkshooter
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ksherman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Well it seems a mix of support questions and sales questions so really someone from Z5 would be best placed to give a complete answer.
But I do not know of a reason why mobi & desktop would not align, unless you have custom activity types that have no mapping to an online category. They are not identical, but I cannot recall where the mapping is assigned.
Mine are identical.

Mobi is not free, but IMO it is a fair cost. Your opinion may differ.
There are 2 versions desktop and online, mobile and web are just different presentations of the mobi product. It seems pretty smart at displaying appropriately depending on the device you access through.

Pricing questions are absolutely a Z5 item. But unless there is a deal I have not seen, they do not include any additional deals on the plugins. Some are free, some are not.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Erik Boone » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:49 pm

OK, thank you both so much for answering my questions!!

It seems I should pay for the mobi subscription and then use certain plugins for the desktop.

However, the cloud sync feature on the desktop says that it is not available during the free trial. So I am curious, if I buy the mobi subscription, will that authorize the desktop so I can sync? Or do I also have to purchase the desktop version to get the sync? I am guess that many of you have the mobi subscription who use the desktop as well and that syncs fine, without paying the 67 and 79 desktop prices.
Erik Boone

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 am

Cloud Sync from the PC to the web is only available for paid licenses. You'll need both a PC license (lifetime) and an active online subscription.

The best deal now is to get the "pro" license which include 1-year of the online app.

Click the right column on the checkout page here:

https://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/store/
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dobovedo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:41 am

Excellent thread. Thanks to the questions and answers I am convinced to sign on for a year of mobi. I've been an ST desktop application user for many years, but my original mobile trial expired before I tested it much. I'm gonna go all in!
dobovedo
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions