Unable to install ST3 Update on Windows 10

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Unable to install ST3 Update on Windows 10

Postby Angela » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:18 pm

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, and my existing ST3 worked fine.
Tonight I was alerted to a program update and download "Setup_SportTracks_3.1.5681.exe", but when attempting to run the installation file, I get a compatibility error message: "This app can't run on your pc. To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher."
Running with Windows 8 Compatibility Mode makes no difference...

ST3 existing installation works fine, I just cannot update my ST3 to the latest version :(
Angela
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Unable to install ST3 Update on Windows 10

Postby philipshambrook » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:12 am

No problems here running W10 in Parallels on a Mac. Maybe try downloading a fresh copy.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ilanarama » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:02 pm

This may or may not help shed light on your issue:

I did this the other way around. I have been on vacation for the past month, and have used my Garmin a couple of times but hadn't loaded my data to ST3 (didn't have my laptop with me). Yesterday I upgraded my laptop to W10 - had issues but finally got things working. I also went running, but didn't start up ST3 because of said issues. This morning I also went running and started up ST3, was told there was an update, and duly downloaded and installed it, which seemed to work fine. But when I put the ANT+ stick in and the data transferred, only the two runs that were from before the Windows 10 upgrade transferred!

Any idea on what is going on? Is there a way to force the transfer? I looked at the runs on my Garmin history and there is no obvious problem (when the FIT data has been corrupted before, the laps aren't there). Is ST3 not playing well with Windows 10?
ilanarama
Donated!
Donated!

Postby philipshambrook » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Depending on which Garmin device you have you can select Transfer All from the device.

By far the best way anyway, as has been noted on many occasions in this forum, is to effect a direct file import from the folder on your computer where the activity files are stored.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Angela » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 pm

philipshambrook wrote:No problems here running W10 in Parallels on a Mac. Maybe try downloading a fresh copy.

That worked. Perhaps my initial download (via ST3 internal browser component) was corrupted? This time I downloaded via Chrome direct from the ZoneFiveSoftware website and it was happy...
Angela
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions