Mobi: syncing Garmin data after renewing Mobi account

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Mobi: syncing Garmin data after renewing Mobi account

Postby pkshooter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 am

Timeline:
1) I have several workouts that I haven't uploaded from my 910xt to Garmin Connect from Feb 2015 to Jul 29, 2015.
2) My Mobi account expired in April 2015.
3) I uploaded all of the workouts stored on my 910xt to Garmin Connect last night.
4) this morning I renewed my Mobi account for another 12 months.
5) none of the data that I uploaded to Garmin Connect last night transferred over to Mobi.
6) I did a 3 second exercise test this morning, uploaded it to Garmin Connect, and it came right over to Mobi.

Is the reason that the data I uploaded to Garmin Connect last night did not transfer to Mobi because I didn't have an active Mobi account last night? Just checking to see if this is normal behavior or if there is a problem. I expected for Mobi to sync all the new data on Garmin Connect that had not be transferred when my Mobi subscription had lapsed.
pkshooter
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Mobi: syncing Garmin data after renewing Mobi account

Postby admin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Garmin pushes workouts to us, we don't "sync" from them. They are typically pushed immediately when the workout is uploaded. We listen for the notification, and immediately import the workout into your account.

While your account is expired, access to historical information is "read only". You cannot add new workouts or other data, and yes this includes accounts which auto-sync data to the SportTracks platform. There is some grace time after expiration to allow for repayment (a few days to a week, I'm not exactly sure).

If you have data during this period which was not synched, you'll need to import those missed workouts.
1) You can disable and re-enable your sync to Garmin Connect under "My Account > Sharing"
2) If you want more control, you can export the workouts from Garmin Connect, or from your PC and use the "Add Workout > Import File" feature

If you choose method #2, you may want to ZIP the workouts into a single file and upload that which will save you a lot of steps.

Suggestion: To preserve a consistent and uninterrupted service you should make sure your account is active. Bonus: Typically around renewal we will offer a very limited early purchase discount price. Look for it in your email.

Cheers!
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mobi: syncing Garmin data after renewing Mobi account

Postby pkshooter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was guessing this was the case since my test workout went right through this morning. I'll take a look at some of the other posts to figure out how to reimport the missing workouts.

Thanks
pkshooter
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions