Keeping stop times when importing activity into Mobi

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Keeping stop times when importing activity into Mobi

Postby StephanVogel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 am

I did a few Via Ferratas and some mountain hiking over the past few days. That is to say, the activities had lots of stop times. When I import the activities (using a Garmin 310XT, auto-stop off, import via TCX files) Mobi shows the distance and track, much shorter activities. In Garmin Connect I see the full time for the activities.
Searching the forum I found some indication that the PC version has some settings how to handle stop times. I cannot find such settings in Mobi. How can I get the entire activity? Is there a setting in Mobi, which I have not found yet, or do I need to change some settings on the 310XT? Or does it make a difference which file format is used to import activities?
StephanVogel

Re: Keeping stop times when importing activity into Mobi

Postby admin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:51 am

The SportTracks web application reads files exactly as-is; it never adds any stopped time or pauses. So if you're seeing pauses on your imported data, it means something is adding those pauses to the recorded file.

Are you using the Garmin auto-sync feature, or manually importing files? And if you're manually importing them - are you getting them directly from your PC folder, or somewhere else (like a Garmin Connect export). I ask because the TCX export from GC is known to introduce problems.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 am

Also I'm not sure if it matters in your case or not, but you should be importing the .fit files whenever you can.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:52 pm

If he's using the online app, he can simply turn on autosync and never think about manually exporting and importing files again...

http://sporttracks.mobi/blog/garmin-connect
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StephanVogel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for the comments!

The problem is that Garmin Express doe not find my device. So, I am using ANT. And this work sometimes, but not most of the times. For example, today the runs from yesterday showed up at Garmin Connect, and were the automatically transferred to SportTracks, but the hikes from the previous days did not show up on Garmin Connect, even though they were correctly transferred from the 310XT to the laptop. This is why I often import exercises manually into SportTracks.

Importing FIT files rather then TCX files does give the entire event, which makes then a difference in Effort, e.g. 211 when it was 90 before. And the 211 is more in line with the subjective experience of how tough a workout it was.

Lesson learnt: if manual file import needed, use FIT files.
StephanVogel

Postby admin » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Good to hear it's sorted.

I know this is a Garmin issue, but have you tried with their support to fix the problem with Garmin Express not finding your watch? It's their new app for downloading, and it's supported, so you should feel ok opening a support ticket with Garmin to resolve it?

http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions