Watch compatibility???

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Watch compatibility???

Postby semperfi » Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 am

I have been using the Garmin 305 for many years with SportTracks with no problems. I am now considering a change to the Garmin Fenix 3 and was wondering if there is a page here that lists watches that sync on SportTracks or if someone can confirm that I will have no problems if I buy this watch??

Max
semperfi

Re: Watch compatibility???

Postby admin » Wed May 13, 2015 3:49 pm

All Garmin watches now use the same downloading software and produce files in the same format (excepting the occasional firmware bugs). We support all Garmin watches, including the Fenix 3. I'm confident the upcoming FR225 will work perfectly too.

By the way, here is an affiliate link you can click and if you end up buying on amazon.com, we get a small kickback.

Shop for Garmin Fenix 3 on Amazon.com
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cathcam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Where/how do you add a Garmin Fenix 3 to the import screen?
++Mark.
cathcam

Postby cathcam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 pm

| EDIT: I was mistaken in the following, you can indeed import directly from the watch. When the watch is attached by the USB cradle, it creates an additional windows drive. Input this drive letter, ie E: into the import selection and then navigate to E:\GARMIN\ACTIVITY

(see above)As far as I've been able to workout, it i not possible for the Fenix 3 to provide data directly to Sporttracks desktop app.

Ive written up the only automated way I can get it to work here: http://triman.livejournal.com/268036.html

It does seem possible to manually import individual .FIT files after downloading them from Garmin Connect. Sporttracks as an ability to import a basic level of data from the .FIT file, if you want more than that you have to use the new chargeable plugin. The Garmin link for .FIT download is https://connect.garmin.com/proxy/downlo ... ity/xxxxxx < where xxxxx is your activity number...

It would be really good if Sporttracks desktop would consider a chargeable plugin to sync from Garmin Connect to SportTracks desktop. At least at this point I use neither garmin connect and sporttracks.mobi enough to justify paying a monthly fee for either but given the Garmin requirement for API access, I'm happy to pay sporttracks since Garmin won't give me direct batch download access for free or fee.
Last edited by cathcam on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
++Mark.
cathcam

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Of course you can - read admin's post above.
Or use Garmin Fit Devices Plugin.
Re Garmin Connect impot Plugin: this has been extensively discussed in the forum, try the forum search.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby cathcam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Well thanks for putting me in my place, to be honest I read as many threads as I could and didn't find anything conclusive on HOW to do it including a number that you'd either authored or commented on.

Its not at obvious to me how to do the import from the FENIX 3, while I can find directories on my hard drive for my Garmin 500 and my old 310XT I can't find anyting for the FENIX 3 and it's FIT files. Which makes it kinda hard to import them in sporttracks.

Since I'm not an expert I came here, without wanting to jump in on another already crowed discussion I posted above and never got a response so summarized my efforts so far. Where/how should I find the .FIT files to import them?
++Mark.
cathcam

Postby dirk66 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 pm

most of the latest garmin devices show up as a disk (eg f:\) when connected. Try to navigate to a folder on that "drive" containing .fit files. As i don't own a fenix, i can't tell you where on your device these files are.

navigate with the file import option to that folder to import.

Success
Dirk
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Or install Garmin Fit Devices plugin and use the "mass storage device" importer provided by this plugin.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby cathcam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Hah... I definitely checked the other day, and have just connected it up via the USB cradle and there it is... The reason I didn't find it on ST was I tried navigating up to "My Computer" on Windows and it only showed C: D: not the Fenix 3 E: drive, I had to input that directly and now it finds it. Thank you. I'll go back and correct the incorrect post above.
++Mark.
cathcam

Postby rbowman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Can you outline the process for connecting ST to the FENIX 3?
rbowman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 am

rbowman wrote:Can you outline the process for connecting ST to the FENIX 3?

Connect the watch to the cradle and plug it into your computer. Wait a couple seconds for your computer to recognize it.

Go to IMPORT in ST3, select the FILE folder on the left side, then navigate to the drive letter of the watch

Navigate to the folder on the watch that holds the .FIT files and highlight the one you want to import. (always import the .fit files)

Click and the NEXT button
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions