Delete pace and cadence tracks?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Delete pace and cadence tracks?

Postby gingerneil » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:40 pm

I used my forerunner 220 in the gym today to capture heart rate whilst on the elliptical trainer. The watch also created a cadence and pace track from the arm movement. Is there a way to delete this data from the activity and just keep the heart rate track?
gingerneil

Re: Delete pace and cadence tracks?

Postby dirk66 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:51 pm

yes, with edit -> data tracks you can delete a data track.
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gingerneil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 am

I've looked at this, and it will allow me to delete individual points - but not the whole track. OMB's customer data tracks plugin lets me delete the candence track, but not the pace track.... I want to be left with only heart rate. Is there a way to do this ?
gingerneil

Postby admin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 am

In Edit > Data Track you should be able to click a point and drag. Then adjust to cover the entire track, then click Delete.

The pace chart is created from the recorded distance track. You'll need to delete that.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gingerneil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks - thats sorted it.
It would be good to be able to remove tracks without having to click and drag to select all points.
gingerneil

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:40 pm

gingerneil wrote:Thanks - thats sorted it.
It would be good to be able to remove tracks without having to click and drag to select all points.

+1. I wish they were Delete cadence track, Delete HR track etc, like batch operations for selected activities.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:40 am

These operations are already available - brought to you by Custom Data Tracks plugin.
1. ensure that you've installed and activated the plugin
2. in Daily Activity or Reports view open activity detail page "Custom Data Tracks"
3. select the track that you want to delete as Track no. 1 - this can not only be a custom data track, but a standard track like cadence as well!
4. Select all activities that shall be affected
5. Do Edit:Custom Data Tracks:Delete
6. Admire the result

Note: speed is in some respect special and cannot be deleted like above. There's no saved speed track in the ST core. Instead it's calculated from either GPS track (if present) or distance track. So "removing the speed track" means in fact "removing the GPS track".
Which is provided by After Import Plugin: Edit:Misc:Delete GPS track.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Sh*t , in Activity Reports View I hid/minimized the bottom panel consisting of Details/Chart/Map so long time ago that I completely forgot its existence.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 am

old_man_biking wrote:These operations are already available - brought to you by Custom Data Tracks plugin.
1. ensure that you've installed and activated the plugin
2. in Daily Activity or Reports view open activity detail page "Custom Data Tracks"
3. select the track that you want to delete as Track no. 1 - this can not only be a custom data track, but a standard track like cadence as well!
4. Select all activities that shall be affected
5. Do Edit:Custom Data Tracks:Delete
6. Admire the result

Note: speed is in some respect special and cannot be deleted like above. There's no saved speed track in the ST core. Instead it's calculated from either GPS track (if present) or distance track. So "removing the speed track" means in fact "removing the GPS track".
Which is provided by After Import Plugin: Edit:Misc:Delete GPS track.

Cheers,
OMB

Since my Logbook file was rather close to collapse due to its size, I decided to remove all the data tracks of my activities after making a backup of the activities of last 16 years.

It was easy to remove them as a batch operation including GPS track except for the Distance track. Is there any way to remove Distance track of multiple activities as one action?

EDIT: i am familiar with the removal of dtstance track points via Edit/data tracks, but I feel I dont have the necessary endurance to do the removal of distance track of so many activities, each by each.

On the other hand I am ready to remove distance track as a batch operation even outside Sporttracks, if it possible. I mean even in a text editor, if it is possible.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:10 pm

I contacted support also, but they confirmed that there was not a way to do that.

Then I was thinking a while and found out how to do that. I realized that Sporttracks simply ignores those data in logbook file which have not a meaning within the predefined data set including plugins.

So I opened a text editor and renamed everything that I did not need including Distancetrack to Faketrack. Then I opened ST3 just to check I did not f*cked up anything. Finally I simply saved the file and certainly it did not save any of the meaningless fake tracks , fake avg and max data.

So voilá half of the size of my logbook file disappeared as the outcome of deleting just the Distance track. No I have a concise logbook keeping the relevant summary info for me. Certainly the totaltime, totaldistance and totalascend of some of the activities has to be corrected, since the userentered data are far from reality, but at least the deletion part was almost fully automatized.

And I make a batch replacement of userentereddata=false" to userentereddata="true"
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Questions