by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,789 (5) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

May 15, 2016

custom data tracks - upload from .fitlog/.fitlogEx

custom data tracks - upload from .fitlog/.fitlogEx

Postby gmngueko » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:37 pm

is there a way to load custom data track together with your activity in a .fitlog/.fitlogEx file.
the goal is to load all the custom data tracks of your activity in one shot instead of one by one via the csv upload.
SE Xperia Active(with ant+ speed & cadence sensor); Basis Peak.
gmngueko
Donated!
Donated!

Re: custom data tracks - upload from .fitlog/.fitlogEx

Postby tndmbkr » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:08 am

Strange.
According to the Settings of Copy Data plugin (3.0.5534), the plugin will copy and paste data of several OMB-plugins.
Custom Data Tracks should be one of them.
But it is not.
tndmbkr

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:18 am

tndmbkr wrote:Strange.
According to the Settings of Copy Data plugin (3.0.5534), the plugin will copy and paste data of several OMB-plugins.
Custom Data Tracks should be one of them.
But it is not.

For sure it does, I've just double-checked with the lates versions.
Both copy/paste and export to .fitlogex/import from .fitlogex properly create custom data tracks for the copied activity.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gmngueko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:26 am

ok yeah I see now in the ".fitlogEx" file the tag "<PluginData id="ba76f340-a6a8-4161-9512-92071ae83309" pluginName="Custom Data Tracks Plugin" dataName="Custom Data Tracks">", under <activity>.
So it is great BUT what I need is to be able to generate myself the a ".fitlogEx" file.
So OMB can you tell me (you can pm me) how to generate the content of "<PluginData id="ba76f340-a6a8-4161-9512-92071ae83309" pluginName="Custom Data Tracks Plugin" dataName="Custom Data Tracks">" :D .

thanks
gmngueko
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:33 am

gmngueko wrote:ok yeah I see now in the ".fitlogEx" file the tag "<PluginData id="ba76f340-a6a8-4161-9512-92071ae83309" pluginName="Custom Data Tracks Plugin" dataName="Custom Data Tracks">", under <activity>.
So it is great BUT what I need is to be able to generate myself the a ".fitlogEx" file.
So OMB can you tell me (you can pm me) how to generate the content of "<PluginData id="ba76f340-a6a8-4161-9512-92071ae83309" pluginName="Custom Data Tracks Plugin" dataName="Custom Data Tracks">" :D .

thanks

Hi gmngueko,
the content of these CDATA sections is by no means suited to be generated by you or any other piece of software and can't be easily explained.
Sorry, OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gmngueko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi OMB,

that's a pity :( , I was hoping to end my pain to have to load 5-6 csv files for each of my activies :cry: .
what is so complicated on that CDATA sections ? I assume it is just an array of data which has been encoded/maybe compressed ?
So it doesn't look to be complicated for me.
So if you feel it is so complicated to explain the encoding of the CDATA section, I hope you will include in the future a function that allows the loading of several custom tracks in one shot :) .
or even better extend the ".fitlogEx" file so that it is less cryptic and allow the inclusion of custom data tracks in clear :?: .

thanks
gmngueko
Donated!
Donated!

Postby tndmbkr » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:55 pm

old_man_biking wrote:....I've just double-checked with the lates versions.
Both copy/paste and export to .fitlogex/import from .fitlogex properly create custom data tracks for the copied activity....OMB

I am quite satisfied with the plugin as it is.
But the plugin needs a rap over the knuckles.

The information I added to Activity Documentation, and Sticky Notes is being copied and pasted into the other logbook. No problems here.
BUT my custom data tracks are only copied and pasted to the other logbook AFTER I have enforced a recalculation of my custom data tracks (Daily Activity window ; Edit ; CustomDataTracks; Force recalculation of calculated tracks)

And it does not matter which activity I have recalculated.
When I want to copy/paste activity X, I may recalculate activity Y.

I do not understand.
Because I always enforce a recalculation of my custom data tracks before saving my logbook.
tndmbkr

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 am

tndmbkr wrote:
old_man_biking wrote:....I've just double-checked with the lates versions.
Both copy/paste and export to .fitlogex/import from .fitlogex properly create custom data tracks for the copied activity....OMB

I am quite satisfied with the plugin as it is.
But the plugin needs a rap over the knuckles.

The information I added to Activity Documentation, and Sticky Notes is being copied and pasted into the other logbook. No problems here.
BUT my custom data tracks are only copied and pasted to the other logbook AFTER I have enforced a recalculation of my custom data tracks (Daily Activity window ; Edit ; CustomDataTracks; Force recalculation of calculated tracks)

And it does not matter which activity I have recalculated.
When I want to copy/paste activity X, I may recalculate activity Y.

I do not understand.
Because I always enforce a recalculation of my custom data tracks before saving my logbook.

The problem is: CDT plugin doesn't properly handle copying the attributes of the calculated track to the new logbook (condition formula, calculation formula, interval, "always recalculate ...").
So the track ends as a NON-calculated track in the target logbook.
I'll try to fix this. Please send me a PM with your email address and a refence to this post and I'll send you a beta version.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Custom Data Tracks