by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,789 (5) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

May 15, 2016

Custom Data Tracks: ST forgetting "Name" and "Notes"

Custom Data Tracks: ST forgetting "Name" and "Notes"

Postby rogerpgvg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am

Not entirely sure where I should post this, but this problem may be related to Custom Data Tracks. When I switch between categories in the Activity Reports View (e.g., between “My Activities: Running: Road” and “My Activities: Running: Race: Hills” at the very top of Activity Report), then often the “Name” and “Notes” of one of the activities disappear.

I’ve been trying to figure out when this happens, and as far as I can tell, it only happens when I view a Custom Data Track of an activity and then switch between categories. It doesn’t seem to happen when I view a native ST track and then switch categories.
rogerpgvg

Re: Custom Data Tracks: ST forgetting "Name" and "Notes"

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:21 am

I've double checked the code of this plugin. The "Name" and "Notes" of activities will never be changed by this plugin.
So your source of trouble must be somewhere else.
Can it be that you sync with ST .mobi and that this sync causes the changes?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rogerpgvg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:31 pm

I don't use ST.mobi. Just a wild guess: Could it be related to how CDT interacts with the recent ST memory improvements? I started noticing it after I installed the ST and CDT versions with memory usage improvements. I have tried hard to make the name and notes disappear in other ways, but it only happens when I view a calculated track. It should be easy to replicate it. When I switch between categories a couple of times times and view a calculated track, it always happens.
rogerpgvg

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 am

I double checked the code of the plugin and there's no line of code that sets these attributes. I wouldn't know why it should, anyway.
Suggestion: disable (unckeck) all plugins in Settings:Plugins but CDT plugin, restart ST and retry.
Problem still there? Sigh :P
Problem gone: successively enable plugins/restart/retry. That should sort out the culprit.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rogerpgvg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Sorry to be such a pain ... I uninstalled all plugins except CDT and the problem remains. Don't worry too much. I now know when it happens, so I can avoid it (initially, it was a complete mystery).
rogerpgvg

Postby texmurphy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 pm

It may be time to look for a bad data activity in your logbook which messes other stuff.
E.g. invalid date activity or activity with hidden/special characters in the Name or Notes field. Use Activity Reports to look for these.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rogerpgvg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 am

The same thing happens with a very simple logbook that has only 8 activities, none with special characters or a strange date, so I don't think it is that. My other, regular logbook has some umlauts, can they ever cause trouble?
rogerpgvg

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:08 am

rogerpgvg wrote:The same thing happens with a very simple logbook that has only 8 activities, none with special characters or a strange date, so I don't think it is that. My other, regular logbook has some umlauts, can they ever cause trouble?

Hi Roger,

that's quite a miracle to me.
Could you please send me your email address (I should have it, but just to make sure) and I'll send you a development version that can shed some light on this "miracle".

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 am

We can safely assume that omb does regular testing for umlauts :lol:
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:16 am

Yes I do :)

@Roger: thanks for the diagnostic output of the dev. version, which you emailed to me.
It's a bug in the SportTracks core application. Details see my email response to you.
You might want to report this to ZoneFiveSoftware - or not.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Custom Data Tracks