Pool Swimming

by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,397 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming Plugin corrupting swim data?

Pool Swimming Plugin corrupting swim data?

Postby oliverbird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 am

Hi, I have been using the Pool Swimming plugin for many years, it's a great tool. Recently however it's been behaving strangely, if I ever try and edit a swim (e.g. split an interval, change a swim type etc.) it starts to 'delete' or 'lose' lengths and laps, or changes a whole load of lengths' stroke types without me asking. I end up with almost no length data visible, although the 'totals' data stays correct. Example of my corrupted length data attached - 99 laps but only 1 is still showing in the list! This has happened to my last 6-8 swims since returning to pool swimming after a year out.
Any advice welcome!
Attachments
end.jpg
only 1 length left after splitting intervals and changing stroke types!
end.jpg (146.21 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
start.jpg
99 displayed lengths on import
start.jpg (221.17 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
oliverbird

Re: Pool Swimming Plugin corrupting swim data?

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am

Please provide more information so that I can look into your issue:
1. Please zip the original .FIT file of this activity and attach it to your post
2. Please give an exact procedure what to do to create an erroneous situation ("select length 1+2", ....) and specify exactly what's wrong after doing this.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oliverbird » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 am

Thanks for the reply. I think the FIT file for this activity is attached.

I can't recall the exact sequence, but it all went wrong pretty quickly. There are some breaststroke lengths, when i turned one to freestyle it seemed to 'lose' a load of lengths in the list. Also when I picked a length in the middle of an interval and tried to 'create interval after length', it would seem to lose lengths from the list. The totals would remain but slowly i'd lose records of lengths until, if I kept doing it, i had 1 or 0 lengths left!

Cheers,
ol
Attachments
63638133892000000011.fit
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
oliverbird

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks for adding your data.

Did you import this .FIT file with ST's standard .FIT file importer or with my "Garmin FIT Devices" plugin?
When I import with my GFD plugin, it shows lots of warnings like "inconsistency in lap no. 2 after 0,05 km: length with zero duration; skipped!".
The GFD importer fixes these inconsistencies.
When I played around with the imported activity and split several intervals, nothing strange happened.

I then imported with ST's standard importer and did the same modifications. Result: the total length changed.

Bottom line: if you don't already use GFD plugin, please try it out and see if this fixes your issues.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming