Downloads: 1,397 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Request: Drills as "non-active"

Request: Drills as "non-active"

Postby FranR » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 am

Hi OMB,

I am trying to better evaluate my progression in the pool, using the correlation chart provided by Activity Documentation. I am plotting average session speed against some other variables, but my technique drills (usually 1/4 to 1/3 of any given workout) create too much noise to draw any conclusion.

I am using the Swimming Pool plugin and a Garmin Swim watch. I have noticed that I can mark my drill sets as non-active in ST sections screen, and keep them as drills in Swimming pool. That way I can eliminate the noise. It took me a while to manually locate and "unmark" my drills in past workouts :shock:

So my request for the future is: Can you tweak Swimming pool to automatically set technique drills on import from Garmin watches as "non active" in ST? Ideally we should be able to check/uncheck this behaviour in the configuration page.

The next step would be per-swimming style unmarking (such a slow breaststroke!), but I'll be more than happy with just drills 8)

Thanks for listening
FranR

Re: Request: Drills as "non-active"

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:24 am

That sounds a bit special to me.
Could you please create a post with a poll and ask if other users would need such a feature.

Btw, I would NOT implement this as an option for import (in Garmin FIT Devices plugin).
1. that wouldn't help for swims that have already been imported.
2. that wouldn't help users that don't use that plugin for swim import.
I'd rather create an action "Edit:Pool Swimming:Make drill intervals non-active".

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Request: Drills as "non-active"

Postby FranR » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:19 am

OK, poll on its way!

Re: implementation, that would be even better
FranR

Return to Pool Swimming