by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,397 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Wrong date

Wrong date

Postby 1ten » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 am

I have just downloaded the latest version of Sportracks, the pool swimming plug in and the Garmin Fit plugin.
I have downloaded from my Garmin Swim and everything is good apart from last week’s swim was apparently carried out in January 2009!

How do I get the swim Fit files to the right date automatically?
This only happens with my Garmin Swim and not my 405 or edge 500.
1ten

Re: Wrong date

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 am

Are you sure that you've set the date/time on your Garmin Swim watch correctly?
When devices get a GPS lock they usually set their internal clock according to the GPS date/time.
When you didn't have a GPS lock recently, the internal clock may be off.

If that's not the cause, please zip and attach the affected .FIT file(s) to your post.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 1ten » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 am

It is teh Garmin Swim, so no GPS.
Yes the watch has teh right time and date.
1ten

Postby FriggDochDieHenne » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Dear OMB,

got exactly the same problem as discussed above in this thread:

Garmin Swim

ST 3.1.4415
Garmin FIT devices plugin
Pool Swimming plugin
(all three as test versions so far to check their suitability)

Import via FIT plugin > Garmin ANT agent
swim session of today is shown as 31.12.1989, 14:43 ????
If I manually correct this, some very short bogus is imported into the activity.
If I import it with the old date, the import seems to be correct (except the time of course),
but when I press the "Diagrams" tab the window that opens does not show any data either, but
an error message instead "Unerwartete Ausnahmebedingung Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collectin ...". Also the window cannot be closed anymore ...

Root cause of the latter one might be the mess up of the dates.

Is there a solution to this? I would really like to keep everything together in ST.

Regards

Max
FriggDochDieHenne

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 am

Please zip and attach the .FIT file of your swim activity to your post.
You find the file in the ANT Agent sync folder:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\Unit ID folder\Activities
Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8:
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Devices\Unit ID folder\Activities

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FriggDochDieHenne » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Dear OMB,

thanks for the reply. After consulting this

[url]https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={6e1aa610-6d25-11dc-6782-000000000000}
[/url]

I finally managed to find the file location you mentioned and attached yesterdays recording.

The date and time coded in the beginning of the file name are obviously wrong even though both the watch as well as my machine run on the correct time. I set the watch time correctly prior to do the first recording, but maybe it is a first use problem?

On the other hand, the date / time are correctly displayed in GarminConnect, so there the information was not imported from the filename?

Anyway, I will try another recording tomorrow. Afterwards I will post the outcome of it.

Thank you very much for your hints and apologies in case I was looking the wrong way.

Regards

Max
Attachments
19891231-144329-1-1499-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
FriggDochDieHenne

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 am

For sure the relevant time stamps in the .FIT file are back in 1989, which indicates that the device doesn't have a valid initialization of date/time.
Strange enough: uploading the file to Garmin Connect shows a reasonalbe date/time a few days ago. I drilled into this and found out that there's another redundant time stamp in the file, which seems to be set correct. But this isn't used by ST.

Bottom line: ensure that the date/time and time zone information in your watch are set, dive into the pool and try again with this new activity data.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FriggDochDieHenne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Dear OMB,

today I did another swim and the name of the 2nd recording was correct (attached for the sake of completeness).

Maybe it is a "first use" problem with the watch, or it might be necessary to set both time zone times,
activate them each once and then go back to the first (did this before the second use).
Prior to the first use I only set Time1 and activated it. This might have prevented a complete initialization ... but what the heck, luckily it seems to be working now.

Simply changing the name of the first .FIT file does not solve the problem, so wrong time stamp seems to
be embedded into the file as well. But it is not relevant.

Thank you very much for your support. Plugin wise I will become one of your customers.

Regards

Max
Attachments
20131028-121520-1-1499-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
FriggDochDieHenne

Return to Pool Swimming