by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,414 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

Well, that's a good reason. Sorry that I wasn't aware of that as I NEVER show off :lol: :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:10 pm

ransak wrote:I use Garmin Connect primarily so I can show off - it allows me to post my workout to Facebook. If ST allowed me to do this then I wouldn't need Garmin Connect. :D

Since ST 3.1, ST has included a Facebook Plugin as part of its standard release.
SportTracks 3.1.4335 Available wrote:Social Media Sharing
* Export to facebook & twitter
* New API functions to standardize social media sharing options
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:30 am

I loaded your trial version today and uploaded my first swim workout using my swimsense. I swam 1000 yds last night in 19 minutes and 5 seconds. The average pace is calculated as 01:45 min/100yd which is wrong. It appears that it is converting my pace back into meters and displaying as yards. The correct pace should be 01:55min/100yd.

Also in the activity summary page, ST is reporting the total time as 20:11 instead of 19:05. I have two rest laps that total 1:06 and are being included in the overall time. I have Settings --> Display --> Analysis --> Activity Time set to include watch pauses in stopped time and exclude stopped in time and distance totals.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am

This setting does NOT affect inclusion/exclusion of rest laps. Not for swimming workouts and not for others. It just affects how timer pauses are handled - which are a different concept.
So I assume that your issue is not one of yards/meters but one of rest laps inclusion/exclusion in totals. Could you please double-check.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:47 am

old_man_biking wrote:This setting does NOT affect inclusion/exclusion of rest laps. Not for swimming workouts and not for others. It just affects how timer pauses are handled - which are a different concept.
So I assume that your issue is not one of yards/meters but one of rest laps inclusion/exclusion in totals. Could you please double-check.

Cheers,
OMB

I've looked at it again and it seems the interval total is incorrect, but I think its from the import from swimsense. I have a 200 yd interval that has 8 lengths which add up to 209.4 seconds total. If you convert that back to minutes you get 3.49 minutes and in hhmmss you get 03:29. The total for the interval shows 03:48.4 which is the decimal form of 209.4 seconds converted to minutes but that interval time is being added as hhmmss. So it looks like the pace is correct from your plugin, but the summary page pace is incorrect.
[urlImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:12 am

I'm using a swimsense for my swimming workouts and change the color scheme to swimsense for viewing. The color scheme reverts back to Garmin scheme upon opening ST and does not retain the swimsense scheme. I am still on the trial version if that matters.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 am

old_man_biking wrote::lol: :evil: :lol: :evil:

Rather weird recording. Think I've found and fixed that issue for the next version.
Cheers,
OMB

Any news on the new release? I'm using a Swimsense and the moving time mirrors the time and ignores the paused time.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 am

Burnt Toast wrote:I'm using a swimsense for my swimming workouts and change the color scheme to swimsense for viewing. The color scheme reverts back to Garmin scheme upon opening ST and does not retain the swimsense scheme. I am still on the trial version if that matters.

Must have a look. Will fix this, if the selected color scheme isn't saved. Of course it matters :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 am

Burnt Toast wrote:Any news on the new release? I'm using a Swimsense and the moving time mirrors the time and ignores the paused time.
Yes, there'll be one :)
Regarding Swimsense. If I remember right, you've just posted a problem report regarding Swimsense plugin. Right?
That should be fixed first (by admin), as I think that this is the source of your problem.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am

old_man_biking wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:I'm using a swimsense for my swimming workouts and change the color scheme to swimsense for viewing. The color scheme reverts back to Garmin scheme upon opening ST and does not retain the swimsense scheme. I am still on the trial version if that matters.

Must have a look. Will fix this, if the selected color scheme isn't saved. Of course it matters :lol:

Thats good to hear. I just didn't know if that was a limited feature on the trial version.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:55 am

old_man_biking wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:Any news on the new release? I'm using a Swimsense and the moving time mirrors the time and ignores the paused time.
Yes, there'll be one :)
Regarding Swimsense. If I remember right, you've just posted a problem report regarding Swimsense plugin. Right?
That should be fixed first (by admin), as I think that this is the source of your problem.

You are correct, I did post a problem regarding the Swimsense plugin as I think it may be an import problem from Swimsense and I have no idea if the Garmin 910xt is having a similar issue.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Strolch06 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I use the Pool Swimming plugin. I find it very good. But there are mistakes in the summery line. It's easy to say, that the pace is wrong.
Attachments
ps.jpg
ps.jpg (161.1 KiB) Viewed 19485 times
Strolch06

Postby MTB Luver » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 am

My display is coming up in yards, but I swim in meters. Is there a way to change the display units? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance...
MTB Luver

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 am

The plugin uses the pool length set-up in your Garmin before starting the swim - when importing with Garmin FIT Devices plugin and not the native SportTracks .FIT importer or SwimSense. It falls back to the general distance setting (imperial or metric) in your ST settings, if it doesn't find a pool length.
You can however change pool length of recorded activities via Edit:Change pool length. Changing it from in your case 54.7yd to 50m will achieve what you're looking for.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby MTB Luver » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 am

I am using your import plugin, and the pool length is set to 25m before the swim (I'm assuming you mean the watch menu when you switch to swim on the FR910XT). Possibly a bug?

Thanks for the info, I'll manually change it.

***EDIT***

I went to change pool length and it correctly states 25m. The pool swimming plugin is displaying yards.
MTB Luver

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am

Hhm, I'm sure that it does what I wrote in my previous post, but I'm not sure if I've just changed that for the next - yet unreleased - version.
Must have a 2nd look.

EDIT: Had a 2nd look: I've not yet released that fix :oops: There'll be a new plugin version soon with this fix (and others).

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 am

OMB

I was about to upload a new swim workout from my Swimsense when I got a message that the Pool Swimming plugin had an update that was ready to install so I canceled my upload and installed your plugin. I restarted ST and then went to upload my workout, but now the Swimsense plugin does not find any new activities.

Also, it may be time to have your own category for Pool Swimming in the Plugins catalogue instead of under "General Info".
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 am

The Swimsense plugin issue has already been reported by someone else. It seems to be an "import once, no 2nd chance" policy. Sorry, nothing I can influence.

Regarding dedicated Pool Swimming plugin board under "Plugins": good point, I'll ask admin.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am

old_man_biking wrote:The Swimsense plugin issue has already been reported by someone else. It seems to be an "import once, no 2nd chance" policy. Sorry, nothing I can influence.
Regarding dedicated Pool Swimming plugin board under "Plugins": good point, I'll ask admin.

Thats what I figured but it was worth a try :D

I also logged a bug about the "moving time" including the "rest time" into "total time" for the swimsense, but no response.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby leebg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:15 am

Hello. I use the Garmin 910xt. Is there any chance to change lenghts recorded as rest (ie. if I swim just legs) into something different. I can change all other active lenghts to a different style, but not such record as rest into an active one. If I change it outside of the plugin direct in ST3, it doesn't show up as active in the plugin. Thx
leebg

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 am

No, there's no way (yet) to make a rest length an active one. I hadn't seen any good reason to provide that.
Maybe in one of the next versions.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby leebg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:41 am

old_man_biking wrote:No, there's no way (yet) to make a rest length an active one. I hadn't seen any good reason to provide that.
Maybe in one of the next versions.

Ok great. Seems my trainer force us more often than others, to do leg lenghts only!! ;-) At least some lenghts always missing (but as well in GC and others) because of pure leg swimming. By the way: I don't like to swim legs only! ;-)
leebg

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 am

Well, leg swimming for training purposes is highly overrated anyway :lol: :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby carstenj » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Great plugin. I would love the feature to convert a rest interval into a swimming interval. I also do a lot of leg swimming and just uses the 910XT as a lap timer for that. Would be great if it was possible to edit workout afterwards to reflect this. Thanks.
carstenj
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:51 am

I've implemented that "make active" action now.
Interested in a beta version and willing to test and give me feedback?
--> send me a PM with your email address AND post a note here that you participate.
I'll send betas to the first two users that respond - to keep my effort reasonably small.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Pool Swimming