by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,060 (4) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Aug 4, 2014

New plugin: Nike+ Plugin

Re: New plugin: Nike+ Plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Sorry, but that file doesn't help. I need the ORIGINAL file from the nano. It should have a ".xml" extension and can be found in the folder that I've denoted in my previous post.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Perk75 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 am

Sorry, I had to do a little research to learn how to access the files on the Nano. Here's what I'm seeing Workouts\Empeds contains 3 folders (NewUser, nikeinternal, pedometer). Each of those folders contains two folders (latest and synched). The "latest" folder is empty in each for each of the higher level folders. The "synched" folder contains XML files for each of the higher level folders. Looking at the XML files using notepad I see the following pattern:
NewUser\synched\ files begin with "<gymData><vers>1</vers><equipmentInfo><manufacturerID>900A2B78</manufacturerID>"
nikeinternal\synched\ files begin with "<sportsData type="emped"><vers>10</vers>
pedometer\synched\ files begin with "<sportsData type="pedometer"><vers>10</vers>

Obviously it's the "NewUser" files that are causing the problem. The date/time and files contents all indicate the data came from my workout on the stationary bike. The "nikeinternal" files synch up with my running activity and I have no clue what the "pedomoter" files represent other than me goofing around with the device when I first got it. I'm attaching one of the files from the "Newuser" files for you.

Good Luck...

Perk
Attachments
2012-03-15 16;48;58.zip
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Perk75

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:51 am

This file imports like a charm on my PC. The culprit is definitely one of the files with a "vers" of "10". Please have another look at my post viewtopic.php?f=106&t=7469&start=50#p68182 .
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Perk75 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:40 am

Just for clarification, all of the files on the device have been imported including the one on my last post. Another point of clarification, the warning message I'm seeing actually appears 3 times prior to displaying a screen with all the workouts and I get to choose which ones to import.

Given that I see the message 3 times and I have 3 workouts in the "nikeinternal" folder (opposed to 2 in the "pedometer" folder and 4 in the "newuser" folder) I'm not including a workout from the nikeinternal folder that has been imported.
Attachments
2012-02-20 11;57;04.zip
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Perk75

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 am

I've just uploaded a new plugin version, see http://zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks ... =nike-plus .

The warning messages were "mostly harmless", anyway. I've added them so that I will get notice when Nike+ change their data scheme and can react fast.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Perk75 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Works great! Thanks for being so responsive and patient as I bungled through things on my end!
Perk75

Postby freeze_tse » Fri May 18, 2012 4:39 am

Hi,

I'm using NIKE GPS Sportwatch. I found the time is -08:00 , how can I fix it ? I saw the time is right on nike.com, Is it relative to my time zone +08:00 ( Hong Kong) ?
freeze_tse
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 am

Could you please zip and attach the imported file(s) to your post.

How do you get these files:
When importing into SportTracks, the import wizard shows you the available imports and lets you modify them, before actually importing.
Edit the activity name to "OMB" (all capital letters!) in this step.
This causes the plugin to let you save the imported files (a data file + a GPS file in your case) to your hard disk.
Attach these files.

And please tell me what would be the correct start time (in UTC/GMT and in your local time zone).

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby markymark666 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:06 am

Hello,

I have a similar problem to freeze_tse. I think since summer time all my start times are -1h. I use the sportwatch gps (time is correct). ON the Nike+ homepage the time is displayed correctly also.
When I choose the option "Date Starttime" ("Startzeiten der Daten" in german) the start time is +1h :mrgreen:
Is there an option to correcte the start times?

Thx in advance
markymark666

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:13 am

When you have similar problems, please observe the suggestion of my previous post.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby markymark666 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Today I wanted to download my data. I got an error message (in german: "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.") The plugin seems not to work with the in the last day updated Nike+ Website.
Will there be an update for the plugin?
markymark666

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Has the website been updated?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby markymark666 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes, there was a massive update yesterday I think...
markymark666

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Must have a closer look.
Keep your fingers crossed, maybe ask your wife to cross hers' as well.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby markymark666 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Ok I will do ;)
markymark666

Postby Meniskusschaden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I get the same Error Message since Nike updated the website.
Meniskusschaden

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:34 am

It seems that the NikeRunning web site rework has thoroughly broken the interface that has been used by the Nike+ Plugin to retrieve your activity data.
Must have a real deep look to see if and how that can be adapted to.

EDIT: Hhm, it seems that Nike have now deliberately - and successfully - locked up their NikeRunning website so that access to your Nike+ run data by other tools is fully blocked :cry:

EDIT 2: I must revoke the previous statement. Their website relaunch has just substantially changed things, but hasn't added any intentional locks to keep 3rd parties out.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby thejosef » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 am

old_man_biking wrote:It seems that the NikeRunning web site rework has thoroughly broken the interface that has been used by the Nike+ Plugin to retrieve your activity data.
Must have a real deep look to see if and how that can be adapted to.

EDIT: Hhm, it seems that Nike have now deliberately - and successfully - locked up their NikeRunning website so that access to your Nike+ run data by other tools is fully blocked :cry:

ugh. that doesn't surprise me at all.. let us know if you come up with some type of work around for this one.. thanks so much for your hard work.
thejosef

Postby Icnivad » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:40 am

Wrote an angry mail to Nike+ Support, curious what they will answer, but i think i have to look for alternatives for Iphone to track for Sportstracks.
Any recommendations?

@oldman: you weren't informed or found any Statement on the Nike+ Website that they will block 3rd Parties?

Regards
Thomas
Icnivad

Postby markymark666 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 am

The founder of eagerfeet http://eagerfeet.org/ states that he will be online with his Nike+-data download within a few days (weeks)
So there IS a Nike-API for data download...

Icnivad wrote:Wrote an angry mail to Nike+ Support, curious what they will answer, but i think i have to look for alternatives for Iphone to track for Sportstracks.
Any recommendations?

@oldman: you weren't informed or found any Statement on the Nike+ Website that they will block 3rd Parties?

Regards
Thomas
markymark666

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:27 am

There is not - and never was an API for Nikerunning. An API - application programmers interface - is a well-definied set of access points that is deliberately created and disclosed by a software vendor/provider to lets others access the services/data of that software.
Nike has not followed this open strategy but rather used a closed shop approach that ties users to their products and their web portal. This is much different from the open minded philosophy of the SportTracks developers that expose an API and explicitely invite other developers to use that and add value. One of the many reasons why I appreciate SportTracks so much in contrast to the growing number of proprietary and closed web based solutions that try to tie you to them.

Access to your data in the Nikerunning website was only possible in the past, because some clever individuals had sorted out how this can be accomplished and had disclosed that knowledge on the web. That's what my plugin was using.
Maybe the changed Nikerunning website's access points will be deducted again by some clever individuals and maybe they'll again disclose that knowledge. And maybe the Nike+ import plugin for SportTracks will be reanimated then :)
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby markymark666 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 am

Hallo,

wie ich das verstehe ist das Problem momentan, dass man nicht an die Nike-Daten der Website herankommt. Richtig?

Durch Zufall habe ich entdeckt, dass ich über ein jailbroken iPhone an die Dateien mit der Endung .json ziemlich einfach herankomme:
Diese Dateien liegen im Cache-Verzeichnis der Nike+ Running App und werden dort abgelegt wenn man sich mit der Nike+-Seite synchronisiert und einen Lauf inklusive Strecke aufruft (für jeden Lauf wird eine .json-Datei angelegt)
Die gecachten Dateien enthalten alle Daten, die ich benötige (inklusive GPS und Pulsdaten) Nun fehlt nur noch die Möglichkeit diese Daten in SportTracks zu importieren.
Kann man das mit dem dem Nike+ Plugin evtl. erreichen?
Wäre es andernfalls denkbar, einen Öffnen-Dialog hinzuzufügen um die Daten der .json-Dateien von der Festplatte importieren zu können?

Ich kann gerne .json Testdateien anbieten.

Ich wäre selbstverständlich auch dankbar wenn jemand eine ganz andere Möglichkeit kennt .json Dateien zu importieren oder im gpx zu konvertieren.
markymark666

Postby markymark666 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:46 am

Ich habe schon mit dem Nike xml-Import-Dialog experimentert (Datei einfach in .xml umbenannt)
Der Import wird mit Fehlermeldungen (Ungültige Ausnahmebedingung - Ungültige Daten...) abgebrochen.
markymark666

Nike+ Plugin revival - beta testers wanted!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, it seems that some individuals have sorted out how the redesigned Nike+ website has to be accessed to retrieve your data.
So there's more than a fair chance that the Nike+ plugin can be revived.

In order to test this, I'd need a few beta testers.

What qualifies you as a beta tester:
* the will to see Nike+ plugin live again
* a Nike+ account with more than just a few activities
* you should be ready to disclose your Nike+ credentials to me for testing (just in case of problems, just for a few days)

If you'd like to join, please send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Nike+ Plugin now works well with relaunched Nike+ website

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 am

Back to live again :)

We've just uploaded a new version of the Nike+ plugin that should once again work well, when retrieving your runs from the NikePlus website after their relaunch in June 2012.

The new plugin version has been tested with data from several beta testers - thank you for being very helpful!.
However, I expect that their can be some hidden issues that will only show up when other users feed their data through the plugin. Should this happen to you, please report your problems here and I'll contact you to sort that out.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Nike Plus