by mechgt

Downloads: 3,094 (10) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Feb 28, 2014

Workout Repeat - Ramp Function

Workout Repeat - Ramp Function

Postby joe.spagnuolo1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 pm

I am new to this software and to using using heart rate monitors for working out but I have been toying with this software for several weeks and have put off asking questions to see if I could work things out. Here are a few items that are still a little confusing to me.
My first question is regarding Workout Repeat. Does workout repeat cause the workout to be scheduled again per the settings or is it just for informational/planning purposes and meant to trigger a manual drag of the workout? If so, are there any tricks to help facilitate this?
If the Workout is scheduled again how does the ramp feature impact the workout? Does it actually impact the duration of the activity or do I have to go into GarminFitness and manually modify the workout to increase the workout and then re-schedule it for future sessions?
By the way, are there any good references that would enable me to see real examples of using historical workout data and charting tools other than the SportTracks website and the forum? I have been reading Gale Bernhardt but that does not match up to what I am seeing in the software. Thanks for your help! I am having fun and it looks like this software plus these plugins will enable me to get the most enjoyment out of my new sport and equipment.
joe.spagnuolo1

Re: Workout Repeat - Ramp Function

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 am

joe.spagnuolo1 wrote:My first question is regarding Workout Repeat. Does workout repeat cause the workout to be scheduled again per the settings or is it just for informational/planning purposes and meant to trigger a manual drag of the workout?

A repeating workout will be automatically scheduled multiple times. For instance, weekly if you choose 7 days as the repeat period. If you make changes the original workout, then the replica workouts are generally automatically updated likewise.

joe.spagnuolo1 wrote:If the Workout is scheduled again how does the ramp feature impact the workout?

Workout details (time/duration/etc.) are not retrieved from garmin fitness since that information is not necessarily available (run for a specific time does not imply a specific distance). The ramp function will increase the time/duration of the activity for each iteration of the repeated workout in FitPlan, but this cannot be pushed back down to Garmin Fitness. Garmin Fitness is used to define the workout details, and Fit Plan can be used to help schedule them and provide a structure training.

joe.spagnuolo1 wrote:By the way, are there any good references that would enable me to see real examples of using historical workout data and charting tools other than the SportTracks website and the forum? I have been reading Gale Bernhardt but that does not match up to what I am seeing in the software. Thanks for your help! I am having fun and it looks like this software plus these plugins will enable me to get the most enjoyment out of my new sport and equipment.

These topics have been studied for decades. This question brings Training Load plugin to mind and here's a quick intro to that with several references to past studies, etc: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5467#p29509
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Fit Plan