by mechgt

Downloads: 3,094 (10) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Feb 28, 2014

Fit Plan 0.8.9 released

Fit Plan 0.8.9 released

Postby mechgt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:42 pm

New (long awaited) version just posted. This took a bit more time that I anticipated, but thanks to some good help from a lot of smart folks, a lot of kinks were ironed out and some new features were added. Highlights of some new features are listed below:

Changes:
- Garmin Fitness integration (requires Garmin Fitness plugin ver. 1.1.435 or higher)
- calendar icons added to workouts and templates
- workout library added
- category support added
- improved UI interactivity
various bugfixes

Download Link

Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Fit Plan 0.8.9 released

Postby doelauw » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 am

You took fitplan 10 steps forward with this update ... very impressive!
doelauw

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 am

Great!!
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Sorry but, just install open ST and go to FITPLAN and rigth click on header to see if the columns in table where configurable as ST

is easy to replicate

Code: Select all
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at FitPlan.UI.ScheduleControl.contextTreelist_Opening(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnOpening(CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.Show(Control control, Point position)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.ShowInternal(Control source, Point location, Boolean isKeyboardActivated)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby mazoaguirre » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

in the other hand, how can i add the the icon? i cant find it
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby mechgt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Error found and fixed. Will be available in next build. In the meantime, don't click on the tree column headers :roll:

Where are the icons?
There are two spots: 1 for the workouts, and one for the workout library. Click the little camera icon to see the list and choose the icon to represent your workout.

Workouts:

Library:
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:34 pm

found it

is posible to have a custom Icons? (users never satisfied :evil: )
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby staffann » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Very nice improvement, especially the workout library.

Is it possible to use the same workout library with different fit plans (and even logbooks)?

When I change the length of a phase, the subsequent phase is changed so that the total plan length is the same. Is it possible to have an option to keep subsequent phases unchanged and just push them forwards when I make a phase longer?

Could the Training load chart within Fit plan be improved so that it works like the proper TL chart, with several axis, zooming of separate axis, CTL, ATL and TSB in chart and so on? The current chart is a bit basic.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Custom/user Icons: No, I'm not planning that right now. If there are some that are 'missing' however, I'm open to suggestions (no promises though :)).

staffann wrote:Very nice improvement, especially the workout library.
Is it possible to use the same workout library with different fit plans (and even logbooks)?

Same Library, different plans: Yes. The library is a part of your logbook, NOT a part of your Fit Plan. So, once you define a library item, it'll be available for any other plan. However, it will not be available across logbooks (that's where the template data is stored).

staffann wrote:When I change the length of a phase, the subsequent phase is changed so that the total plan length is the same. Is it possible to have an option to keep subsequent phases unchanged and just push them forwards when I make a phase longer?

I'm actually working on that exact topic right now. Moving/adding phases around right now can be tricky, so I'm working on some improvements in this area. Stay tuned...

staffann wrote:Could the Training load chart within Fit plan be improved so that it works like the proper TL chart, with several axis, zooming of separate axis, CTL, ATL and TSB in chart and so on? The current chart is a bit basic.

That's what the Training Load plugin is for :) (see the orange shortcut button above the TL chart). Since it's a small chart, the idea is to provide sufficient data to properly plan with, and at this point the development efforts are on other aspects of the planner.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:51 pm

mechgt wrote:Custom/user Icons: No, I'm not planning that right now. If there are some that are 'missing' however, I'm open to suggestions (no promises though ).

i think in Trekking, Run/walk, Walk, Tempo Run, Fartlek, Trail (because hills i think is about Hill repeats) per example
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby bmullin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanks for all the hard work!

I haven't spent much time using it yet, and I just learned how to use the icons reading this thread, but....

The categories don't quite work like I was expecting. What I was expecting to be able to do was select categories being viewed overall just as in the activity and summary views. When selected it would only display those planned workouts in that category and have the training load show those as well. Right now, as far as I can see, I can select a category for a given workout, but other than seeing that in the detail view there doesn't seem to be much value. Perhaps if I was integrating with the fitness plugin I'd see more value.

The value in my expectation would be that I can have one fit plan that has all of my planned workouts, but then be able to filter it down and see summaries of just running or just biking, etc. This would be valuable for any multisport athletes.

Again, it just wasn't what I was expecting, but who is to say my expectations were valid :)

Ben
bmullin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby staffann » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 am

mecht wrote:
staffann wrote:When I change the length of a phase, the subsequent phase is changed so that the total plan length is the same. Is it possible to have an option to keep subsequent phases unchanged and just push them forwards when I make a phase longer?

I'm actually working on that exact topic right now. Moving/adding phases around right now can be tricky, so I'm working on some improvements in this area. Stay tuned...

Great! I assume copying phases (as discussed earlier) will be part of that work as well.

mecht wrote:
staffann wrote:Could the Training load chart within Fit plan be improved so that it works like the proper TL chart, with several axis, zooming of separate axis, CTL, ATL and TSB in chart and so on? The current chart is a bit basic.

That's what the Training Load plugin is for :) (see the orange shortcut button above the TL chart). Since it's a small chart, the idea is to provide sufficient data to properly plan with, and at this point the development efforts are on other aspects of the planner.

The problem is I can't see the planned activities and their effect in TL. If I could, that would be quite enough.

There is something wrong with the categories function. I assign a category to a workout template in the workout library, then drag the template onto the calender in order to create a planned workout and then look at the details of that planned workout. The category from the template has not been carried over to the planned workout. Bug?
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:46 am

staffann wrote:There is something wrong with the categories function. I assign a category to a workout template in the workout library, then drag the template onto the calender in order to create a planned workout and then look at the details of that planned workout. The category from the template has not been carried over to the planned workout. Bug?

Yup, found and fixed. Next release.

Once Fit Plan gets ironed out, the plan is for Training Load to be able to get info from Fit Plan similar to how Fit Plan can read from Training Load. There's a lot of work to be done before getting to this though, so this won't be an immediate update.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby stavros » Mon May 02, 2011 11:46 pm

mechgt wrote:Changes:
- calendar icons added to workouts and templates

The icons make the plan easier to read for multi-sport training, but could I suggest a couple of enhancements to make it even more effective...

1. Display the same icon on repeat workouts. When I create a repeating workout and assign an icon to the parent activity, it doesn't display on the repeats. E.g. in the image, the workout for 16-May has an icon but the repeats don't.

2. Show icons for 'actual' activities. When I plan a workout then upload the actual activity, the planned workout and associated icon are replaced by the actual activity with no icon. E,g. in the image, the workout planned for 2-May with an icon is replaced by an actual activity with no icon in the calendar. Maybe the user could assign a default icon to each category and these could be displayed?

Without these, particularly the first, I probably wouldn't bother with the icons.

Thanks.
Last edited by stavros on Tue May 03, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stavros
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Tue May 03, 2011 11:41 am

First issue (repeating workouts & icons): This is already addressed and will be available in next build. I've still got a few more general details to iron out before releasing.
2nd item (icon for actual workout): Great idea. I'll see if that can't be added. :)
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby staffann » Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 pm

It is exiting to see where this plugin will go. Soon it may be time to grab the wallet and get the full version of this plugin as well (already paid för Training load)! We'll have more requests for you when the current work is done 8)
It is the integration with TL that makes it have potential as a killer app IMHO, but the GUI is nice and tidy as well.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Fit Plan