by mechgt

Downloads: 3,094 (10) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Feb 28, 2014

Adding workouts

Adding workouts

Postby doelauw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:57 am

I'm new to fitplan, tought seems like a good combo with training load. Added recordbook and then you already have it worth buying the "all plugins package"!! I'm a runner and new to planning wich seems to be getting wise taken my amount of running.

Found a bug. When you edit or add a workout you are not able to actually "use" the chosen planned value. Example ... select time and you can enter distance pace etc ... but not time. Select distance and you can edit all values BUT distance.
Last edited by doelauw on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
doelauw

Re: Adding workout bug

Postby mechgt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks for the kudos :)
See post below explaining how this works:

(from viewtopic.php?p=57638#p57638)
mechgt wrote:So you've got 3 items there: Time, Distance, and Speed/Pace (same info just written differently). One of these items needs to be calculated, and you can enter the other two. The radio button represents which value is automatically calculated.
For example.... Select radio button 'Speed/Pace'. Enter 1 hour, 20 miles. 20 mph will be automatically calculated.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby doelauw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 am

I can see now! Ok lovely! BUT can this planning be done by time + HR Zone ... then calc trimp? I don't think many runners plan time + distance or speed .... rather time + intensity aka hrzone.
doelauw

Postby mechgt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 am

In order to keep things simple for now, it will not automatically calculate TRIMP/TSS. Often these planned workouts are something that you've done before and you've probably got a better idea at what those values should be (from actual experience!) than the plugin could guess at. A good place to enter the various steps (target HR, time in zone, etc.) is in the Notes section of the workout. The goal right now is to properly balance full functionality with ease of use and not over complicating it.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby doelauw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 am

I clearly understand, also noticed it's very easy to calculate TRIMP based on expected HR intensity * duration. So from that point I'm 100% with you. I'm not familiar with planning. Was kinda hoping fitplan would give me more aid in better training. It does this based on the numbers and expected numbers based on the training load predictions. Guess I just have to learn to read the numbers and to plan.

I do feel these non automatic suggestions could make fitplan work a bit better for run planners. Specially since these options and values are only for the good of your own personal agenda rather then to calculate anything on ... right? :D.

- option to change tempo to intensity (hr) ... dunno but always plan my runs based on intensity.
- let the actual work outs in the past overwrite the planned workouts. When you done a workout and put it in st it's kinda silly not to show it and keep the planned workout in the calender.

Learned a lot about these stats today, as a stats junkie they seem very valid to plan and adjust my training on. To bad this won't be any difference tomorrow ... but I'm sure in a few weeks I can tell the difference. Should be huge anyway .... started in januari and all I did was adding duration every week ;-) ... see attachment.
Attachments
Training Load 2011-03-24.jpg
Training Load 2011-03-24.jpg (67.21 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
doelauw

Re: Adding workouts

Postby Harmen1966 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 am

Is it possible to use/add the Garmin Fitness workouts in Fitplan?
Harmen1966

Postby mechgt » Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 am

Harmen1966 wrote:Is it possible to use/add the Garmin Fitness workouts in Fitplan?
Yes. If you've got Garmin Fitness installed, all of your Garmin Fitness workouts will automatically show up in the Workout Library. The pane below the workout list can be used to add some additional Fit Plan details, then just drag-and-drop them from the library onto the calendar to schedule them in Fit Plan.

mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Harmen1966 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 am

I've found it thank you for that.
Last question how can I sync the planned workouts to my device.
Harmen1966

Postby mechgt » Thu May 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Harmen1966 wrote:I've found it thank you for that.
Last question how can I sync the planned workouts to my device.

That would be done through Garmin Fitness.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Harmen1966 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Well if I do so I had to plan the workout twice, first I add it in Fitplan, then go to Garmin Fitness and add the the same workout in the planning calendar, then export.
Maybe it's possible to add the Garmin Firtness workouts directly in Fitplan and export the whole Fitplan to the device in one step.

Harmen
Harmen1966

Postby mechgt » Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Export to Garmin Fitness will be available in the next posted build; I've got a working model for it now. Here's the plan:

There are 2 means to schedule a workout in Garmin Fitness from Fit Plan
- Individually/Manually: Select your workout for today (or tomorrow, or any other date) and 'Schedule'.
- Automatically: Automatically schedule workouts X days in advance. With this model, Fit Plan continually update Garmin Fitness with new workouts as time passes and keep Garmin Fitness updated with the (for example) next week's worth of workouts.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Harmen1966 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:54 pm

If you got it work in the next version Il buy it because that was the missing link for me.

TIA.
Harmen.
Harmen1966

Return to Fit Plan