by Vonni

Downloads: 8,105 (39) • Reviews: 16

Version:

Updated:

Mar 7, 2015

FIXED 1.0.020205: Imperial/Metric Issues

FIXED 1.0.020205: Imperial/Metric Issues

Postby racerfern » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

First of all, congratulations on a great plugin.

When adding an activity I have the following issues:
1) I expect climbing to be Imperial since that is my system setup yet it becomes metric after clicking OK and confuses things.
2) Although I can put in expected averages for some metrics, I can't put them in for power.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Imperial/Metric Issues

Postby Vonni » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:58 am

Hi racerfern

racerfern wrote:1) I expect climbing to be Imperial since that is my system setup yet it becomes metric after clicking OK and confuses things.

Oh dear... I have forgotten something. :oops:
I haven't added the metric conversions for the climbing. The "ascending" is always calculated in meters. Sorry...
I will change it ASAP.

racerfern wrote:2) Although I can put in expected averages for some metrics, I can't put them in for power.

Sorry, I haven't understood this issue. Where is something wrong / missing? Could you please add a screenshot?
Viele Grüße / Best regards
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Sorry, I haven't understood this issue. Where is something wrong / missing? Could you please add a screenshot?

When adding a future workout you can enter climbing, cadence, distance, etc. You should be able to enter Power just like one of the other items. However, there is a default value in the "Power" area and it is greyed out.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Vonni » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi racerfern,
please forget my last posting with the conversion. I have still coded the metrics conversion of the climbing. Sorry for the confusion.
Could you explain better, where something is wrong with the metrics? I have tested a little bit, but I can't see something wrong.
Where do you click "OK"? Sometimes a picture helps a lot! :)

racerfern wrote:When adding a future workout you can enter climbing, cadence, distance, etc. You should be able to enter Power just like one of the other items. However, there is a default value in the "Power" area and it is greyed out.

Hmm - I'm not sure. At the moment power is treated like the heart rate. For this reason it's just a filter and no goal. If you define a module with a power filter, the plugin takes the middle of it automatically when you define a planned activity. I can open the power and heart rate field, but make it really sense? What do you want to do with it or what do you expect?

Maybe this are stupid questions... But I'm just a runner and have no clue of the requirements for the bikers. I just code your suggestions. :oops:
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Generally when I add planned activities such as training, I plan them for as a specific type of workout. Long slow rides or perhaps 10 minute bursts at VO2Max. So I will set a goal of an average power range just like I set a goal of average cadence or a goal time to complete the ride. These are usually all known since we tend to do the same things over and over.

On an activity that someone has never done before some of the metrics might be left blank or not. But I think you need to be able to enter Power and HR as goal numbers just like cadence and distance. See attached.
Attachments
ScreenShot004.jpg
ScreenShot004.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Vonni » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 am

Hi Fernando,
sorry for the late fix, but I think I have solved your issues.
Please could you try it and give me a feedback?

Version 1.0.020205:
http://www.lyrikecke.de/ryg/ReachYourGo ... .st3plugin
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am

No worries, it seems to work just fine. Thank you.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Reach Your Goal