by Vonni

Downloads: 8,105 (39) • Reviews: 16

Version:

Updated:

Mar 7, 2015

Sunrise & Sunset in calendar

Re: Sunrise & Sunset in calendar

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am

Just curious if your sunrise/sunset will accomodate the change from Daylight Savings Time? I'm not sure if thats a US thing or if its done in Europre also.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Vonni » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Burnt Toast,
as far as I can see, it works for Germany - at least almost. Have you already checked it for your location and timezone?

If I choose 03/27 in the RYG calendar, I get "sunrise: 6:12" - at 03/28 I get "sunrise: 7:10". The daylight saving times seem to be respected.
However I'm not really sure, if the sunrise at 03/27 should be already "7:12"?

I use the "normal" system time conversion routines, but the more I think about it the more I have the suspicion the day of clock change is wrong?! :?:
Viele Grüße / Best regards
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

hi foe México i have the rigth date of day ligth savings change tha is firt sunday of april, other year was last of march and i was thinking about this and almost open a topic but first checked :lol:

but i did a fast review on some days to day to see how the day is growing and as far as i rmember is one minute every day but on some dates (i dont have ST in this pc at work) i noticed jumps over 3 to 5 minutes then 2 or 3 days without a change

but i think is not a big deal, maybe i have a bad memory, maybe is that way designed the day ligth savings

i dont know, i have a lot of work and this is just a breack to clear and calm down the work stress :shock:
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby emcotrina » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:35 pm

Mario
The sunrise and the sunset depends of your latitude and longitude, so, in some places it is just a minute, in other places (the closest you are to the north or south pole the most impresive it is) it might be longer.

Before Vonni developed this amazing plugin I used http://www.astrored.org/usuarios/xgarciaf/orto.htm

Sorry for the rest as it is in Spanish.

Ellie
emcotrina
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Ah, yes it is working..........nevermind.

BTW, I really like this feature and your plug in.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Previous

Return to Reach Your Goal