by Vonni

Downloads: 8,105 (39) • Reviews: 16

Version:

Updated:

Mar 7, 2015

FIXED 1.0.020120: Per week scheduling

FIXED 1.0.020120: Per week scheduling

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 am

A first question for the plugin. I read the manual but can't quite figure it out. It's not impossible that this turns out to be a request if I can't do what I wanted to with the plugin. Let's start with some background on how I structure my season using an Excel spreadsheet (That I'd like to transfor to ST.)

I'm using a classic periodization model as described in Friel's MTB training bible book with the particularity that I track my volume using TRIMP points, not time. So I created a calendar in Excel with the right periods (Base1-2-3, Build1-2, Peak, Race, Transition). Then I assign a TRIMP load to every week, with some rampup and the 4th week is a rest & recovey week, so there's a drop in volume of about 40%.

Once that is done, I assign a focus to every week/period. That is either Endurance, Force, Speed Skills, Muscular Endurance, Anaerobic endurance or Power. I don't plan further than this and do the rest by feel (How rested I feel and what is my weakness I need to work on) and allowed time.

So, given these premises, I wanted to create the plan in RYG. I figured 1 Training plan per period is appropriate. It should be a 4 week period, with the last one being a rest week. I enter the right TRIMP points for the first week with a rough approximation of load increase (It's not necessarily linear) and press ok.

I end up with a training plan and 2 goals for the period. I would have loved to have 1 goal per week for the load that I can edit afterwards to get the right numbers but I can't seem to figure it out...

Maybe I should simply setup goals without a plan for every week... Anybody cares to give a walkthrough?

Thanks
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Per week scheduling

Postby Vonni » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:I end up with a training plan and 2 goals for the period. I would have loved to have 1 goal per week for the load that I can edit afterwards to get the right numbers but I can't seem to figure it out...

Hi,
I thought over the same thing already some weeks ago, but the "feature" is not realized yet. I still have so many ideas and it was really hard to find an end and release the plugin. :wink:

I think, it would be helpful to change the regeneration option in "regeneration week every XX weeks" and not only after the increasing.
Than you can set for example the increasing to "every 1 week" and set the regeneration to "reg week every 4 weeks". In this case the plugin will create 3 week-goals with increasing and 1 week-goal for regeneration.

Is this what you want? If yes, I think, I could do that within the next two weeks.
Viele Grüße / Best regards
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

This was also something I was going to ask!
Yes this would work for me.

I'm also working on creating a plan/goal for a upcoming running event.
The plan is a 8 week period, but I want to create weekly plans/goals each containing 4 modules - these modules will change each week with the intensity/duration etc, but the modules themselves are the same (i.e. Speed/VO2Max, Long Runs, Intervals etc).

The idea is to also end up with the separate weekly goals and the overall 8 week goal.

And I know I've mentioned this before, but the utopia would be to integrate POC's Garmin Fitness plugin, as I'll be creating these modules in the GF plugin and putting them in the Calendar there as well.
But the main reason is so I have the workouts loaded on my FR305.
Having this integration - being able to load the workouts as modules would be massive!
Chris
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby ksherman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Can't help with the answer but that is exactly the planning mechanism I would use. I use TRIMP as a consistent indicator of work since I road ride, MTB, Spin Class, run & swim. So since we had the Brisbane floods last week I replaced my outdoor rides with indoor rides and runs and can still tell at the end of the week if it was a pass or a fail for the week.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Vonni wrote:
PissedOffCil wrote:I end up with a training plan and 2 goals for the period. I would have loved to have 1 goal per week for the load that I can edit afterwards to get the right numbers but I can't seem to figure it out...

Hi,
I thought over the same thing already some weeks ago, but the "feature" is not realized yet. I still have so many ideas and it was really hard to find an end and release the plugin. :wink:

I think, it would be helpful to change the regeneration option in "regeneration week every XX weeks" and not only after the increasing.
Than you can set for example the increasing to "every 1 week" and set the regeneration to "reg week every 4 weeks". In this case the plugin will create 3 week-goals with increasing and 1 week-goal for regeneration.

Is this what you want? If yes, I think, I could do that within the next two weeks.

That's pretty much it, If I set the build to every week I have a regen every 2 weeks which defeats the purpose really! My current workaround is to put the regen in another "plan". I guess this brings up the point that a plan should be composed of periods, which are "mini-plans" of a given number of weeks.
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Vonni » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi,
I have looked on the issue this evening already and added the "reg every XX weeks" option. But I'm not really sure how to count the reg weeks correctly. :roll:

Could you just look on it and tell me, if the counting is what you expect?

http://www.lyrikecke.de/ryg/ReachYourGo ... .st3plugin

Thanks
Viele Grüße / Best regards
Vonni
Vonni
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Reach Your Goal