by Vonni

Downloads: 8,105 (39) • Reviews: 16

Version:

Updated:

Mar 7, 2015

Reach your goal plugin

Reach your goal plugin

Postby mis902 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 am

Please help fellow athletes or all kinds 8)

Sorry I'm finding if very difficult to use or make any sence of reach your goal plugin.All I want to do is setup a plan, model, goal etc to do for example:

THIS IS I WANT TO ACHIEVE Increase my 2 mile time of 14 mins to 13 mins I don't mind over how many weeks, 12, 16 even 6 months :lol:.

Present do weekly mileage of 15 miles per week over 3 days per wk with good rests in between.

[b]Tuesday - 2 miles warmup followed by 5 x 400Mts with the same walk distance cool down untill my next fast 400mts (1.35 to 1.40)

[b]Thursday - 2 mile warmup followed by a fast pace mile of betweeen 7.35 and 7.44 then I jog cool down to make up the full 5 miles run.

[b]Saturday - no warmup just take it easey - my last run was for 7.5 miles at about 9.59 per mile pace.

P.S my personal stats are wt = 183 soacking wet 10.2 % body fat, height 6" - strong or i like to think so lol. I've been running on and off for 4 yrs but decided to start again last month. My Aearobic endurance level must be good because after the 7.5 sunday run I really felt I could done it again, no joke, probably not possible but i have run a 20 miler before a few weeks back and never felt like stopping - [b]BUT LOVED EVERY MINIUTE OF IT

i'M 50 YEARS OLD SOON WITH A MAX HEART RATE OF 195 SO RUNNING FASTER THAN A 175 DOES'MT SEEM TO HURT ME TOO MUCH.

TWO DAYS A WEEK i'M CONSIDERING 1 DAY OF HIGHER REP KETTTLE BELL TRAING TO INCREASE JOINT MOBILITY AND ADD TO MY CARDIO IMPROVEMENT.

THE 2ND NONE RUNNNING DAY i'M GOING TO USE HEAVY ELASTIC BANDS TO TRY AND KEEP SOME OF MY MUSCLE THAT ENDURANCE KILLLS EG, SQUATS, DIPS, BACK PULLS BAND FLYES, PRESSES, CURLS, TRI EXTENSIONS AND FINANLY BUT NOT LEAST ABB WORK.

YOURS GARRY

Please be patient with me and IF their is anything you need to understand just feel free to ask.
mis902

Re: Reach your goal plugin

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 am

Do you realy want to run faster?

Here is how you do it:

Run lots, mostly slow and easy.

Get your mileage up into the 50's and run 6-7 days a week for the next 6+ months. You may have a shot at a 6:30 mile pace.

Reach Your Goal pluging is there to help YOU set up a schedule and to keep you on target, not to set one up for you.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mis902 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks burnt toast :D ,

I just want to see how much faster at distance before age stops me from doing it, just somethin for prosperity.
With me being 50 yrs young its much better for me to do the 3 day running and one wt traing and one kettle bell cardio workou as my recovey levels will not be upto it, unless I could up the intensity and maybe distances of the 3 runs?

Don't get me wrong I love running long and slow or fast and furious - I just want to test myself to increse my pace with a well rounded routine, I just dont know how to use the plugin effectively enough to even understand how I'm supposed to make the steps in this plugin :oops:

Yours Garry
mis902

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 am

mis902 wrote:Thanks burnt toast :D ,

I just want to see how much faster at distance before age stops me from doing it, just somethin for prosperity.
With me being 50 yrs young its much better for me to do the 3 day running and one wt traing and one kettle bell cardio workou as my recovey levels will not be upto it, unless I could up the intensity and maybe distances of the 3 runs?

Don't get me wrong I love running long and slow or fast and furious - I just want to test myself to increse my pace with a well rounded routine, I just dont know how to use the plugin effectively enough to even understand how I'm supposed to make the steps in this plugin :oops:

Yours Garry

I've been beat by 50+ year olds plenty.

The entire reason you slow down and go easy is to build up your aerobic endurance and become more efficient at using fat for fuel. It also builds mitocondria so you can make better use of your oxygen supply. By running mostly easy, there is less need for complete rest recovery days, so you can run more. You need to run to get better at running. Fast marathoneers (who run 26.2 miles at a pace faster then you want to run 2 miles) run over 100 miles a week routinely, mostly easy.

Do a hard day (speed intervals) followed by two to three days of active recovery (easy-slow running). Go on a long weekend run a little quicker then your recovery runs.

Seriously, slow down and run more. The easy miles will but enough stress on you for your body to have to adapt without needing to take a couple days off. Forget about pace until race day when it matters. Give yourself 6 months of increasing easy mileage, running time and see what happens.

I do very little speed work, mostly just strides and fast finishes on my long runs, and have improved my HM time by over 10 minutes from my spring 2010 HM to my fall 2010 HM. My 5k dropped by at least 2 minutes also.

Advanced 5k plan http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/140.shtml
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Reach Your Goal